16 Dexcom G6 failed

Since starting the G6, I started taking acetaminophen again, without issues.

Same here. I take it daily for arthritis without issue.

They ask me about acetaminophen when I call as well. But there are not supposed to be issues unless you take very high doses.

From Dexcom website

Interfering Substance Risks

In previous generations of Dexcom CGM systems (G4/G5), acetaminophen could affect your sensor readings, making them look higher than they really were. However, with the G6, you can take a standard or maximum acetaminophen dose of 1 gram (1,000mg) every 6 hours and still use the G6 readings to make treatment decisions. Taking higher than the maximum dose of acetaminophen (e.g. > 1 gram every 6 hours in adults) may affect the G6 readings and make them look higher than they really are.

I have been wearing the Dexcom on my arm for the last 4 years. Never had a problem.

2 Likes

Good to hear, @Barb24! Iā€™ve had 0 sensor errors, too, since I moved the Dexcom sensor to my arm! :slight_smile: Iā€™m on my 3rd sensor now with no errors.

1 Like

I also wear them on my arm and Iā€™ve only had one that went to errors. I do restart them all the time too.

2 Likes

Good to hear @Marie20! I havenā€™t restarted any yet but hope to have a chance at it assuming they last :slight_smile:

They are so much more accurate when you restart them too, although after about 12 hours I do still have to do one calibration. I think because of my Libre days I have the belief you want the good ones to keep going!

2 Likes

Yay @Trying! I am at 0 sensor errors on my arm as well! Whoo! May even try for a re-start?! (I did try for one earlier, but my transmitter was almost finished so there was a screwy error and I threw in the towelā€¦ will start fresh with this new transmitter! Fingers crossed!). Hope youā€™re doing well! Jessica

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!! Hope this keeps up for the both of us!

1 Like