Count them 16 failed Dexcom G6 sensors. What a trip each sensor failed at different times some 2 days others 4 days one made it to 7 days. I am a T:slim x2 user, so I get to deal with T:slim and not Dexcom. I started using Dexcom with Dexcom G4 updated to the G5 then to G6. It must be noted I have been very happy with Dexcom up to the G6 I only had 1 sensor fail never any issues with the transmitters. What I am truly disturbed at is the inability or concern enough for T:Slim, Dexcom, endocrinologist, CDE to help me with this issue. Please note I gave up on my endocrinologist and CDE and move on to a new general and CDE. What happen I told my endocrinologist I was having a problem with the sensors failing so she sent in the CDE. The CDE stuck her head in the door asked me where I put the sensor I told her she said that was correct asked me are they replacing the sensors I said yes and then she said “no problem then” and left the room (later I got billed for $200 paid $40.00 after insurance).
The good news is I have figure out the problem on my own. I had 2 sensors now make it to 10 days my current one is on the 9 day. It turned out my water problems was killing the sensors. I started to notice when I took Furosemide to correct shortness of breath cause by excess of water it would kill the sensor also if I did not take any Furosemide it would also kill the sensor. So now I am working with my new doctor and CDE to get the right dose of furosemide.