30 days of some push ups and sit ups. I need a jump start. Join in the fun!

Hello Friends! Happy Monday!
Anyone want to share in this basic jumpstart fun! I need something to get me going and would love some friends! I think it’s all this Olympic trial gymnastics… they are AMAZING!

Stop the crunches progression at 35, and start the push-ups at 2 and end their progression at 7, and you can count me in!

(I’m also eating lower-carb and have lost 7 pounds over the past 3 weeks. Only 40+ to go…)

3 Likes

Oooh, sounds fun. Count me in!!

1 Like

What a good idea! My challenge is that I don’t have time for exercise every single day. But I’ll give this my best effort for this week.

@rgcainmd - I think modifying the specifics to one’s needs/abilities is fine as long as you’re doing more than what you would have otherwise.

2 Likes

Let’s do this! @Dessito @MissMargie @rgcainmd (your way of course😜) Hold me accountable!!

Yeah, some of us (me!) need to start with modified push-ups! :smile_cat:

1 Like

@CatLady06 I’ve actually read/heard that “modified” push ups provide awesome core work! We’re in this together!

Don’t worry, I do “lady” push ups (knees on the ground)!!

1 Like

I’ll take the bait, too. I let my daily pushup routine lapse for a while, but to be of value to me, I’ll have to start at 25. I don’t typically do (or like) crunches, but I can give it a go.

1 Like

@Thas glad you took the bait!! Yee ha!

I got em done!! How bout y’all!?!?

I was just reading about incline push-ups:

Of course, this was after I did 3 from my knees!

1 Like

I’ll start tomorrow. Mañana, demain, mah-khar. I just finished a suck-all 12-hour workday (of which only 4 hours were “billable”) and I still brought home unfinished charting. So I’m feeling righteously sorry for myself while I eat an entire bowl of popcorn all by myself. (Even the cat knows better than to ask me for a single piece.)

1 Like

I do my execise in the morning, up/two/three then I do the other eye :slight_smile: (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

3 Likes

I did yesterday’s late, but got 'em in.

2 Likes

No more excuses. I’ll get mine in today, I promise!

1 Like

Did mine last night and got today’s done this morning!

2 Likes

Getting day 2 done now!!

1 Like

@Duck_Fiabetes, y’all should hang out… [quote=“rgcainmd, post:13, topic:54680”]
So I’m feeling righteously sorry for myself while I eat an entire bowl of popcorn all by myself. (Even the cat knows better than to ask me for a single piece.)
[/quote]

Got Day 2 done late again. Going to try for a bit earlier this evening…

1 Like