A Halloween Party Treat SAFE for diabetics - Eyes of Newt!

Who said Halloween has to be all about candy? I have a new recipe over at my site that is sure to be fun, and it is pretty low carb!

Delight and amaze your friends for your Halloween get together with these creepy eyeballs. You could name them Eyes of Newt, or something like it. They are a bit labor intensive, but they will be sure to be a hit for the party!

They look like a million bucks, but they are nothing more than a ball of Bocconcini cut into half, a Manzanilla olive stuffed inside laid on a shallow dish of tomato gazpacho.

http://welldonechef.com/eyes-of-newt-for-halloween.html

That’s really great! You really have me googling what in the world is Bocconcini. hehe

@DuckFiabetes! I love your name! I also love the reference to one of my all-time favorite shows, the ORIGINAL Iron Chef!

@DuckFiabetes! - I will inquire of my pastry chef, and try and get you an answer soon!

Great idea. Thanks for posting. I Googled Bocconcini too! Happy Halloween!

Duck, here’s a lo carb creme brulee. You can use any creme brulee recipe & just sub out the sugar. Custards are otherwise low carb because they’re eggs & cream.

BUTTERED ALMOND CRÈME BRÛLÉE-- 4 servings, 4.5 carbs per serving if zero carb liquid Splends is used, about 8 carbs per servings with granular Splenda.

2 cups heavy cream
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
Pinch salt
1 TBS vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat the cream just to a simmer; cool slightly. Whisk the remaining ingredients together and gradually whisk in the cream. Pour into four 6-ounce custard cups and place them in an 8x8" baking pan. Pour cold water into the baking pan until it comes about half way up the sides of the custard cups. Bake at 350º about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean. The tops will get a little browned. Chill 1 hour. Prepare the topping and sprinkle over each cup. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.

Topping:
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 teaspoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda

In a small saucepan or skillet melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the nuts and Splenda. Cook and stir constantly just until the almonds begin to brown. Remove from the heat immediately to keep the nuts from getting too brown.

Hysterical! Wondered what eye of newt looked like!