Ok By the #'s if that were me
1. I know how many Carbs will Raise my Bg's , ave 5 pts per Carb..
2. I don't use ,nor want a CGM= they just aren't accurate enough for me..and should only be used by those with Hypo Unawarness..and even then, Manual Testing is still required to confirm the #'s for better accuracy before Treating..
3. The 15 & 15 rule , If it isn't going up after 15 min, I take another 5 carbs and if I have a Bolus Still Going, I know the ave of how many in % per the ave of 3 hrs it takes to run it's course.. Thus if I took a Bolus of 9 units , I use 25% the 1st hour, 40% the 2nd and 35% the 3rd..and if it;s Hour # 3 starting? I have about 35% of the 9 units left = 3 units to go and I also have to Treat that as well..
4. Thus Knowing What your I:CR is.. Insulin-To-Carb Ratio ..If it's 10 carbs - 1 Unit?
And I have to Treat 3 extra Units? = 30 carbs
5. If I got a 26? 120 = I need 100 pts by 5 pts per carb = 20 carbs , wait 20 min and test again to be sure I'm going up.. If not? Take In 5 Carb extra Increaments and wait 15 min and test again..
in emergency situations? I will Over Carb, but keep track of how many extra Carbs I took.. wait 30 min and then bolus /treat those Extra Carbs.
you took a Correction and then went from 140 to 57 in 25 min? Guess what? You OC.. Over Corrected..Treating a 140? - 90 = treat the 50 bal by my SF of 15-1 = take 3 units. and don't expect to be back down into the 90's for at least 2 hrs.. If I Am? I OC and have to take at least 5 carbs to treat that last hour of Bolus correction..
your meter showed 15 pts in 3 min? You know these meters will give you a Different reading everytime.. and so what's the problem with a 115? R U OCD about tight control?
Can't Be Done.. Not with these In Accurate Pumps, Meters, CGMS and Surely these In Accurate Insulins.. not on a Long Term Consistant Basis..
If you can stay above 80 and Below 140's and ave testing 10x day and ave our 115's on your Meter? Add another 10% in Blood Plasma and what do you have? 120's and doing better than some 80% are..
Anolther News Flash? Controling our BG's Isn't the total cause of our Complications..
Its a Auto Immune Disease, that is attacking Every Organ and wants to Destroy it..
Getting Good Control BG's just slows it down in Some, but not for others..
But they don't want to tell us that .. and why do you think so many Endo's are so Lax in Tight Control? More that try have more problems than not.. Unsafe Driving to just takeing care of themselves and the dif. btwn 5% vs 6% and what it takes? Can't be done consistantly , unless? Your Rich, Have OCD and are a Perfect Diabetic!
Weight every ounce/carb, Don't eat it if you don't know Exactly the Carbs, etc..
I and many others have had 6% A1c's for yrs, told we in the top 10% . but we still get all the Complications.. I used to ave 5.5% A1'cs , but had alot of Hypo's ...
and thse are Not Fast Acting Insulins either.. taking 2-3 hrs to be in full effect on our BG's? A Normal Pancrease with Human Insulin does it in Minuets..