A simple question --- starting your day out right

This isn’t a hard question, nor does it require a lot of debate.

I am a type II on meds, metformin, amaryl, and januvia. I exercise at 8:00 AM; swimming and biking right now. So far all of this is kicking in very good numbers. But, the quandary is breakfast. I love breakfast, and it is my favorite meal of the day. I get 45 carbs per meal and 15 carbs each for three snacks, not to exceed 150 - 175 carbs a day. Please no comments on the # of carbs I get, cause the team worked it out, and in order to keep my numbers and lose weight this is it, there will be no changing that number for awhile.

Okay, so what do you eat for breakfast. Typically I have to eat something before I go in the pool or bike. It is usually a protein drink of some kind, with lots of water during and after. That is 27 carbs. So I have about 18 left for the breakfast meal, or I can count it as my snack for AM and evening, since we sometimes eat very late, and I am allowing myself a glass (4 oz) of milk before bedtime; and by the time I get home from exercise, it is very close to 10:00 … I typically will eat my meals at 10:00; 1:30; 6:30 - 7:00 and a snack at 3:30 and fit the others in as carbs and times allow. It’s not perfect with the snacks, but I’m trying to break a grazing habit also.

I am looking for ideas for breakfast, simple, quick are good words to describe what I want, without spending lots of time in the kitchen and clean up.

Ideas.

Sorry to be so emphatic about the discussion, but my program is fixed for the moment, and we’ve worked hard to get it that way. The tweaks will be small, and I’m not really willing to dismantle something that is working…just because it’s not what someone else likes or thinks is beneficial for them; it works for me, right now.

Thanks,

Was watching ideas on breakfasts, this morning on the Today Show, and they featured Amy’s breakfast burritos, which are organic… If I could eat that many carbs for a meal, without consequence, I’d eat those! lol They have 11 g of protein, and 38 grams of CHO of which 5 are fiber… If you can handle 45 g of CHO as a max, at breakfast, than that might work for you… Something simple, one can nuke, and be on the go, I guess… http://www.amys.com/products/product_view.php?id=72 Not very bad on fat, sodium, or cholesterol, either.

There’s been a recent discussion on breakfast. You can find it here. https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/what-do-you-eat-for-breakfast