About Bikette

i don't know which is better the dog or the patch

B, mon amie :)
Big hugs. So many things to consider....TOO many. I too would opt for door number 3. Not a perfect solution, but seemingly the best option thus far. Being caught between a rock and a hard place...what a cozy feeling!
Have you been able to sit outside a bit in the evenings? I find it stifling STILL at that time of day, but not too bad for about half and hour (prepped up with puffer!)....other than that....I bask in AC coolness.
Take care sweetie ♥

An optometrist is NOT a medical doctor and cannot properly treat or even properly diagnose cataracts or retinopathy. I always go to to an ophthalmologist once a year to take care. An optometrist can prescribe glasses but does not have the medical knowledge of and ophthalmologist who has a medical degree and can diagnose the extent of cataracts and other eye diseases.

Katy.....
In Canada optometrists must complete a five-year Doctor of Optometry degree from one of two Schools of Optometry (one at the University of Waterloo and the other at Université de Montreal). Furthermore, they must pass board licensing examinations to demonstrate their professional skills and knowledge.

Optometrists in Canada are licensed to prescribe topical and oral medications, however, the exact medications that they are licensed to prescribe varies province by province.

Katy, you make a good point.

Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone interested. My insurance doesn't pay if I see an Optometrist because it falls under vision. However, they will pay if I see an Ophthalmologist because I have diabetes and it falls under medical. I found this out years later after they ran a bunch of tests on me and it cost me a HUGE amount of money. All, because of a billing code.

The system is different in Canada though Sportster...see my comment above.
Bikette is in Canada. Ontario to be a bit more precise...but yes, your comment is very valid for the US. It also depends on your provider.

Hi Linda, I realized she was in Canada but, I was just passing on some info for the US citizens. I never was one to be clear with my thoughts and postings! And, it gets worse as I age! LOL Thanks for clearing it up.

No prob Sportster, and....sorry for my anal ocd nit picking ;p

Boy is it good to hear you sounding like YOU. Dave's not a great impersonator, but he sure is a great guy - so glad he kept us updated! Keep him :)

Yeah Linda, stop being so ocd anal! LOL!

Hi Bikette- I too have medical problems recently. Not due too medical "malpractice", but due to my failing health. I spent over 2 months in the hospital after coding 2 times from a surgical procedure. I now have a feeding tube, temporarily, I hope. The staff at the hospital, as at most hospitals are clueless about diabetes. Especially T-1. My BS were in the 300-400 range for too long and now I have neuropathy in hands and feet. I know what it is to have a great husband--I have one too. He has been wonderful, even writing a blog which he sent to all of our friends, TuD and relatives everyday of my hospital stay. Hoping you get your eyes taken care of soon & I hope to have my feeding tube removed soon too. Catlover

Copied : If we have any legal beagles in the joint - especially Canadian types, I would very much appreciate YOUR take on whether or not I should sue the optometrist who missed my cataracts for the last 10 years "

I sent you a pm message a shortwhile ago and wonder if Dave and or you did see it about the suggestion to connect with CDA's Advocacy ?? They may lead you to suggestions such as contacting the Ontario Association of Optometrists .The Association's Staff to connect with is gabriellasimo@diabetes.ca or call 1-800-Banting (226-8464 ) and ask for Gabriella Simo . Your lawyer may require your medical history .

Tsk Tsk Tsk...Bikette...indeed we were/are there for out Cat too.....I AM a cat lover after all ^.^

Hi Bikette

I am also very new to this site. I was in a coma for 4 days with sugar 1700. I am so glad I found this site and have met some lovely people to talk to. I wish you a great recovery and look forward to speak with you once you are well.

Take care and God Bless

Skyla Hugs xx

♥ GOOD MORNING ♥
Looks like rain today....22 or so out there, cooler but dang it...also humid!
Did a ton of weeding yesterday and the day before, and now the back is complaining. Today not going out there. Found a good book....but can only read it in spurts. I told you about the Corneal Dystrophy? I've been watching rerun episodes of this and that on Net Flix....luv Doc Martin and NCIS.
Well girl....hope today is a good one for you :)
luv and baskets of hugs....linda