Active woman (tennis, golf, yoga, Pilates, etc.) needs advice on pump choice

I worry about that from both pumps and sensors...and syringe injections. You think pump is best for that? I never considered it, I guess.

There was a time when I was giving myself a minimum of 5 injections a day--2 of longer acting insulin and 3 regular for each meal. I'd give myself additional shots for snacks. Since I've always had a different result in terms of aborption and insulin activity from using different areas for injections, I've found consistency by using my abdominal area exclusively. When I was giving myself multiple shots over an extended period of time, I developed such large deposits of fat on the sides of my abdomen, I decided to have liposuction so that I could fit in my pants. I weighed about 120 at that time.) Now, with having changed my infusion site every 2-3 days since 2006, I've developed site failures I never had before. This can be an issue for anyone who injects or uses an insulin pump or sensor.

Medicare doesn't cover Omnipod ? That was what I chose since it has a small reservoir 200 units and a built in blood glucose meter and it can go in the water with me without having to disconnect. I swim, play tennis, cycle, and am very active and I've been very happy with my choice. I waited 38 years before starting a pump and much of that reticence was me thinking I didn't want to be tethered to something 24/7. I got a Dexcom in 2012 and finally seeing the wildly fluctuating blood sugars convinced me I needed to get in better control. I figured since I already have one thing stuck on me 24/7 might as well make it 2. My last A1C was 5.5 with minimal hypos. Good luck in your search.

I found out some more information. Animas Ping has a remote (I use it now) but if they ever make it to the VIBE, they do not intend to continue the remote with the Vibe.

Last week there were what I'd consider significant rumors on FB and the internet that the Animas Vibe, which I guess uses the Dexcom and the Animas pump and is waterproof (although I don't know if their waterproof is up to scuba diving Clare!) is due for a US release soon, possibly next week, or maybe that's when they'll announce it? They have been available in more civilized countries for a while. I'm pretty loyal to Medtronic but both of my pump failures have been due to moisture, once sweat/ humidity and once a sudden and strong downpour. I guess I'll wait and see if anything turns out to happen.

Luckily the pod is rated up to 25 feet for an hour so the more shallow dives are fine. The deeper stuff I just take the pod off and rely on the exercise to keep me stable, it generally works pretty well. Worst comes to worst and I have to take a shot no big deal, it's not like I haven't got decades of experience :)

Gamin, I use the upper arm, halfway between front and inside. I alternate the cgm (Dex) in each arm every 2 weeks. It lasts fine for 2 weeks and can go longer but I prefer to stick with the 2 week program.
It's placement means I do not lie on it when side sleeping. I use it vertically with the plunger in downward position when placing it. For easy removal with the required one hand approach. Healing occurs during the two weeks for the 'off' arm. Though I try to spread the stick spots around a bit.