Acupuncture for T1D?

Hi all,

I'm a 29-year old (dx'd @ 16yo, using a Medtronic pump) in reasonably good control (a1c's in the high 6's/low 7's) but have various minor complaints (skin conditions, allergies, etc). So, at the recommendation of a friend, I am going to try acupuncture. Any T1's on here try it? Was it helpful for you? Any reason a T1 shouldn't do it? Thanks in advance!

Also, kind of random, but do you keep your pump on when you have it done?

I have gotten acupuncture for a number of physical conditions (my guy works mainly for pain, nerves, and joints, not organs). I did leave my pump on. I had great success with getting my frozen shoulder treated and we had some mild success with my reflux/acid production and gastroparesis. It didn't completely solve the stomach issue which is chronic, but I did get a lessening of symptoms. I can't imagine any reason why you couldn't get it unless your practitioner is unhygenic or claims he can cure you.

Cora

Acupuncture has been really helpful for my allergies (skin and outdoor/indoor), shoulder pain, and anxiety/depression. It typically lowers my blood sugars by 50 points though so keep that in mind. You might want to lower your basal a little bit and keep an eye on insulin on board, ESPECIALLY if there are any points on the abdomen being used.