All my pissing and moaning

…about my out of control bgs and going high every time I eat and at my endo appointment yesterday my A1C was 6.3, down from a 6.6. (need to change my profile, woohoo!!)

Is it the sensor usage? I don’t believe so. Is it the fact I have done the zone diet through The Fresh Delivery Diet, perhaps, but I have been guessing carbs as they don’t provide that as part of the service.

My endo’s suggestion for my high bgs after eating was the dual wave bolus, but I told her I need all my insulin up front and that it has not worked for me in the past. She suggested to continue to do my full bolus upfront, but add 20% spread over the next two hours. I did this for lunch over the last two days and things have improved. So let’s say I bolus 12 units for a meal (yes I use a lot of insulin), I would add 2.4 units to deliver over the next two hours. Yesterday and today at the two hour mark I was below 180 compared to the 220’s and 230’s.

Another thing I realized from all my worrying about these high numbers is the fact that I still obtained a fairly good A1C and she stated that I must catch my highs, even though they seem to last to me for decades. :slight_smile: In other words, I need to stop sweating the small stuff.

She also stated I have to start logging, hmmm, not sure, but I did download my pump for her using the Carelink USB system, thanks to David I believe for stating we could order for free through Minimed

That sounds like a good number to me! Reading your post made me remember that Medtronic had sent me a UPS tracking number. I just notice that they left a nice care package, or should I say, CareLink USP package on my doorstep today. I’ve been waiting for this and have had to rely on my CDE to pull my numbers off my pump, since I started pumping in February. It will be nice to be able to get all of my data off, including my CGMS numbers and finally see the big picture. Logging is much easier when most of the numbers are kept for you :>)

IMO, if you’re using the Carelink to take down all the data, why would you have to go to pen and ink logbooking? That is so archaic, and many of the stupid books only have 4-6 times a day.

I would agree with her in that stop sweating the small stuff… Sometimes, the anxiety it brings actually can make it worse. I would think no one is perfect and there’s no way I would even try to be a 'Stepford Diabetic" if it means getting all anxious and depressed etc. You have to be content somewhere on the line.