Almost reduced to tears by Dexcom Service

I had that happen as well with FedEx.

Fortunately, I was at home and I did some exploring. I went one block north to the same street number. Sure enough, there was my package on my neighbor’s stoop. I could see they weren’t home, so I “stole” the package.

2 Likes

@YogaO, you are officially a ‘porch pirate.’ Diabetic criminality reaches a peak around the xmas season, lol.

FedEx is afraid to rive down my driveway. They refuse to do it.

Excellent news! I didn’t think this was going to work out. Good for you for being tenacious.

@meee,

1 Like

Since dexcom convinced the feds to cover their device, their business has exploded I think. Recently, they outsourced (aka: sent to India) their customer service operations. The fact that you got some service is a surprise. Basically, as it was explained to me, this is just an answering service.
Usually, I call, go thru their validation questions, lodge my complaint and they send me a replacement sensor at no charge. I would encourage everyone to keep calling because they are unlikely to react until such time as their internal statistics show a high enough failure rate, and the cost of shipping replacements becomes a concern. So, KEEP CALLING.

Are you sure you don’t mean the Philippines?

There are G4 transmitter batteries replaced by services online. I used one service on Facebook and my battery was replaced for $60. It works perfectly. I can keep getting that battery replaced and use the transmitter as many times as I want. I also ordered a G4 receiver for $200+ on EBay. I think EBay is now called Rakatan(?).

1 Like

Should I care? Bottom line is that, like a lot of rapidly growing “wonderbusinesses” it has clearly outgrown its management.
Time for a new CEO

1 Like

I doubt they can help with regular reorders, but if you have a glitch, call Tandem in the future… Not Dexcom. They can handle sensor/transmitter replacements. Tandem customer service has always been a dream for me. I haven’t had to call Dex yet because of Tandem.

1 Like

To close the loop - Fedex finally delivered my package this morning. The delivery person was very apologetic. As a final irony, I called Fedex customer service a few minutes earlier and their system didn’t even show the package as being retrieved from the wrong address. But all’s well that ends well - I guess.

Maurie

4 Likes

If a genie granted me one wish where I could make one company disappear from the face of the earth it would be medtronic or fedex

I’m glad genies are a thing of fables.

1 Like

That’s right. It’s in Manilla and its their primarily CS resource - not just a call center. I haven’t had to deal with them as of late, but I did several times in the first couple months after they set things up. In some cases the service was good. In other cases it was ridiculous. Prior to the move their US customer service was overwhelmed. Depending when you called the wait could be 30min+. Now at least you get an immediate answer. Hopefully with training the situation will improve.

I’m not dealing with Dexcom CS directly anymore. I switched to getting my supplies through Express Scripts on my pharmacy benefit plan. They deal with Dexcom and I’m insulated from the hassle. Service and delivery are great. Dexcom is pushing customers to do this because it reduces the number of customers they need to directly support. I’d strongly suggest going this direction if your insurance allows.

I haven’t had to deal with TCS lately, but I understand that’s moving (or has been moved) to Manilla. Now sure how well that will work.

I’m very sorry that you’re experiencing this difficulty with Dexcom. I used to love my G4, and was very happy with Dexcom overall. Until I had to upgrade to the G6. Complete misery! Yes, the insertion device is nice, as far as being less painful. But that’s where the positive ends. I get sensor error readings WAYYYY too often. I dislike the new receiver. The app is awful…so disappointed that I stretched my finances to purchase a new iphone to support it, only to find that it’s horrible! Dexcom’s customer service is awful. Unfortunately, I have stopped wearing my CGM, and have gone back to finger sticks. If they brought back the G4, I would reconsider.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re having these issues. My initial move from the G4 to the G6 was pretty painless, until it wasn’t. Then I was ready to throw in the towel and looked into the Eversense CGM, but I was seeing some horror stories there as well. After a fair amount of trial and error, I hope I am now in a better place and the G6 is working pretty well for me.

The G6 sensor is a very different device than the G4. It’s way more sensitive and can fail in circumstances where the G4 would sail through.

Questions that I have would be:

Where are you placing the sensors?
When are you getting the failures? Warm-up or during the 10-day wear?

Maurie,
I think there are many that agree with you as to the lack of good customer service. I have posted complaints about Dexcom recently. As a tip for any future problems with Dexcom, I have found that writing to Dexcom’s senior management has helped resolve the run-arounds that I’ve gotten with their poor customer service at the lower levels.

In the last week, I have received two surveys from Dexcom asking about my experience with their customer service. Like most surveys, I’m not sure the questions asked will get them the data needed to improve their service, but they seem to recognize the need for improvement.

@George49 - I also hope they realize that writing to senior management is NOT a sustainable model.

I had to check who wrote that because I thought it was me in my last Dexcom service rage. But no, I was trying to get a G6 transmitter and I did burst into tears. The sad thing was after someone at Dexcom finally was able to get the computer to print out the right order number and to actual type and use in my new my NEW insurance, a sub FedEx driver dropped my package on the neighbor’s porch where it stayed three days. I had called two weeks in advance to make sure I would get my supplies in time…and luckily I followed up twice. Still I was off my CGM for over a week and so angry as I’d reached a 6.4 A1C, after 30 years of over 7, using the Dexcom.

Why don’t they want to sell their products? This poor response to a simple order has happened at least three times. I asked to speak to the supervisor but they couldn’t do that…I was about to go the head of the company…they couldn’t tell me who it was … but his name easy to find. Let’s all write him!

What has Dexcom got to do with a Fedex screw-up? The other day, my wife’s replacement pump was placed on the wrong truck. It was supposed to arrive at our home at 10:30AM. I watched (using the Follow my Delivery feature) as the truck was within a block of our home and then began to drive in the opposite direction. After many hours, and lots of hold time at UPS, we found out that the package was placed on the wrong truck and they assured us it would arrive the same day. It ended up getting to us around 10 PM! I never trust that either Fedex or UPS will deliver on time.

Dexcom had finally succeeded and then delivery screwup. Point is if Dexcom had delivered on time, a few days at my neighbors wouldn’t have mattered. I called well in advance to order.