Android t:connect update

My Android phone just updated the t:connect app. Does anyone know where to find out what the update contains?

If you go to the google play store and look up the tconnect app, it will tell you when it was last updated and what is new.

I am jumping in here as I wonder if the t:connect has been going on for a while.
I got an email (widely sent I’m sure) offering a chance to join a limited launch of a "a new feature that allows you to bolus from your smartphone* using the t:connect mobile app.
I was accepted but don’t know why I applied as I did not even want to use my phone!! And wondering now that I see this message. It sounded like a new launch but clearly t:connect has been available for awhile.
I am supposed to get an app I guess for my iPhone for some unknown time/date when I will be contacted again. I did give my age too! Ha ha!

"

I wanted to be included in that however still no word for me.
I mean I think it’s just as easy to bolus from the pump at this point still I want the option

The original post was about auto app update from play store.

The emails appear to be selective subset, maybe those with longer time using pump.

Email states specific phones, my android not on list.

Apple iOS 14 or 15

• iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
  • iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
  • iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, or 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X, XS, or XS Max

Android OS 10, 11, or 12

• Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 FE, or S20 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 5G

*Bolus delivery from the t:connect mobile app requires a compatible smartphone model and operating system, an app update, a remote software update on the customer’s t:slim X2 insulin pump and additional training. Only available to customers who reside in the United States.

t:connect mobile app: The feature set available within the t:connect mobile app is dependent on the pump software version and the compatible smartphone’s model and operating system (OS).

• The Display and Data Upload feature set provides a secondary display of pump and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) information, including display of your pump alerts and alarms, and enables wireless uploading of pump and CGM data to the Tandem cloud through an internet or wireless data connection. Standard carrier data rates may apply.
  • The Bolus Delivery plus Display and Data Upload feature set additionally allows users to request, stop, and cancel a bolus on the pump from the t:connect mobile app. At least one smartphone security setting must be enabled to utilize the Bolus Delivery feature of the t:connect mobile app.
  • WARNING: Always rely on your pump to make therapy decisions when using a smartphone that is incompatible with the Bolus Delivery feature.
  • PRECAUTIONS: Always rely on your pump to make therapy decisions if using a smartphone that is incompatible, the smartphone is lost or damaged, or the smartphone loses Bluetooth® Connectivity with your pump. Important pump alerts and alarms are only received as app notifications when enabled and the app is either active or running in the background.

Yes, MM1, I got all those warnings too. I have an iPhone 13 pro. And have been on a pump since about 2000. Would have to look up the date. The email was mysterious about when I would hear from them again, in my ‘acceptance’ email, that is. If I can bolus with fewer than about 8 or so button pushes for extended, I’m sold. If not… we’ll see.