Has anyone heard any news about the latest generation of the Dexcom?
Will there be an upgrade to the sensor, transmitter, receiver, or possibly all three?
What changes would you like to see?
I've been on the system for a few months now and here is my list of suggested improvements:
- Better range on the transmitter. I often lose readings at night when I roll around the bed and my receiver is on the nightstand.
- Some type of onboard memory for when the transmitter and receiver lose connection. Why can't the transmitter store a few hours worth of readings and upload them once the connection is re-established? I can get a 16GB microSD card that's smaller than the fingernail on my pinkie. I'm sure you can fit something in the transmitter to store some readings.
- Offer some skin tone transmitters and matching tape on the sensor. It's a simple plastic piece and the tape is a fabric. Offer several different shades of skin tone and the sensor will more easily blend in and be less revealing. I think my first visit to the pool this year brought up this idea. The current gray transmitter on the white tape sticks out like a sore thumb no matter what color your skin is.
- Update the receiver! Honestly, it looks like a 90's style pager. Give me a color screen and the ability to scroll through some of the data. Maybe give me the ability to generate some reports on the fly without having to download the data to my computer.
- Integrate your system with the pump manufacturers. I think this is more of a legal issue and I've heard a revenue issue more so than a technical issue. Get the lawyers and the bean counters to get some real agreements in place and let the technical people get to work. I think the Dexcom is the best CGM on the market, but if someone else integrates with the OmniPod I'd switch in a heartbeat.
Anyone else have suggestions to add? I wonder how much Dexcom solicits feedback and/or listens to user groups like this.
My $.02 for the night,