Battery Life

How long does it last? Is it possible to use rechargeable batteries?

I find my batteries last about a month each change, but I also find that, especially in this forum, there are MANY variations! I dont think I’ve heard anything positive about using rechargable batteries. I cant recall exactly what the problems are, but I"m sure you’ll get some responses with the pros and cons, I myself am happy with just purchasing new batteries each month. Good Luck and PEACE!

This question come up often. Do not use rechargeable batteries…cannot remember why. I use Rayovac–extremely reasonable from Menard’s in a pack of 8 or 16. I usually change mine out every 4-5 weeks.

The battery life meter is only compatible with alkaline batteries. This means anything else (rechargeable, lithium, etc.) will not read the remaining battery life properly. I believe Insulet has actually told people that these batteries are being used off-label and therefore void the warranty as well. It’s best just to stick with normal batteries (which should last you a month or so +/- a week depending on usage).

I was told by someone that recharge-ables can void your warranty, but when ours wasn’t working they didn’t ask about the batteries so I’m not sure. They definitely last longer (lithiums even longer) but when they die, they die quickly so you don’t have a lot of warning.

When I used lithiums my remaining battery life stayed at 100% for weeks and then in about 12 hours, it went to zero. I am currently using Duracel alkalines that last 4 - 5 weeks.

I was told by insulet NOT to use rechargable batteries!

I get from 3 weeks to 4 weeks out of my Duracel alkaline batteries.

You will see a lot of differing opinions on this. I use Energizer Ultimate Lithiums like a few other people, and I absolutely love them. I get almost 3 months out of a pair. The only downside is that the battery meter does not read this particular type of battery correctly, and you have only several hours between the battery level first going down and the batteries dying. I always carry a spare pair, so it’s no big deal to me.

Rechargeables will give you nothing but headaches given their very short lifespan. Don’t even bother.

I just put lithiums in my PDM and I’m glad that I read this post. I had not heard about the PDM not reading the battery life correcctly. I will now just keep a spare set of batteries with me just in case. I love this forum for just that reason. You always get great advice just from reading other topics.