Black eye from good friend

So this last weekend I went out with the guys and we had a few to drink… perhaps a few too many. Anyway I always have my monitor and insulin with me and i was doing pretty good at checking regularily and my numbers were on average 7. It was around 4 in the morning and my buddy came up and said that I should give the old blood a check. Well we were all pretty drunk and i told my buddy that I was fine. Out of nowhere buddy takes my glasses off of my face and smokes me right in the face and then told me that if i didn’t want another one that i should check my blood. So i checked my blood and it was 6.8 so we cracked another beer and then i punched him… he went down and then i reached down and helped him up and we just started laughing at eachother. Is that not the best friendship a guy could ask for? Even though i feel like a loser that i didn’t want to check my blood and I may have made up a story to explain the shiner i have at work, I’m glad i have a friend that isn’t afraid to take matters into his own hands to make sure that i’m safe when i’m out on the town.

I guess…love, care and concern can be shown/given in…different and mysterious ways? A bit painful as it is… but it worked, right? LOL Ive always believed that “Friends are God’s way of taking care of us”.
I wish you and your buddy the best =)

I’ve always said that I have the best friends in the world. Takes a real friend to punch you in the face and then both of you laugh about it after you punch him. The party definately didn’t end after that:)