Breastfeeding rocks!

I had my baby a week ago - he is perfect! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say that since then, my insulin requirements are about 50% or less than what they were pre-pregnancy! My bg seems to be consistently in the 70 - 90 range. I even ate chinese food two days in a row and never got above 110.

Breast is definitely best! (Even more so for a PWD)

Sound like it! If only we could do that before pregnancy to get our BGs under control :smiley:

:slight_smile: Awesome that you shared that!!! Congratulations, and great work on the close monitoring of your BG even w a newborn!! Enjoy…

Thanks for sharing this great news! I’ve been wondering what happens with breastfeeding. I’m planning on breastfeeding our little girl. Currently 25 weeks along and anxious to meet her!

Congrats on your baby. Out of curiosity, what type are you? Wondering if it’s any different with different D types?

Congrats Julie! Great news :slight_smile: Enjoy your time together. Glad that breastfeeding is working out so well for you! Are you having lots of lows?

I am type 1.

Occasionally - haven’t felt like wearing my CGM for past 2 weeks. It’s nuts how little insulin i’m using. Pre-pregnancy was on about 35 u per day. End of pregnancy was up to a TDD of 90 units. Now I’m averaging a TDD of 16 units! I had Indian food last night - tons of rice/carbs - bolused 4 units for about 80g carbs!

Congratulations, Julie! So glad to hear that he is perfect! :slight_smile: And great news re: insulin requirements. I wonder how long the lower requirements will last?

Thanks for sharing! I was unable to breastfeed my firstborn :frowning: and was doing a lot of research on breastfeeding and diabetes and all I see are positives not to mention FREE! It would be wonderful to burn 500 cals a day breastfeeding AND take less insulin! I’m excited! Please keep sharing your breastfeeding experiences with us!

I imagine that this will last for as long as I’m breastfeeding. I’m planning on exclusively breastfeeding for the first 6 months, and then continuing to breastfeed for as long as kiddo wants. My 1st nursed for 15 months.

I’m sorry that you couldn’t nurse your 1st. :frowning:

This is an old thread but I agree...breasfeeding does rock!! 14.5 months and still going strong! I just want her to slow down so I can track my periods to TTC for number 2...I'm not getting any younger :)