Just found out I'm FINALLY PREGNANT!

After 3 long years of hoping waiting and praying I am now officially PREGNANT!!!
I am about 4 weeks along and for the past 4-5 days have had horrible insulin resistance, my bg does not want to go under 150. Did anyone else experience this? I know around week 9 I will start with the lows but did you have a lot of highs before this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am of course worried about the health of my growing baby.
Thanks,
Jennifer

I had highs for a few weeks before I realised that I was pregnant! I’m about 5-6 weeks pregnant myself and I just found out on Saturday. My endo immediately increased my basals, I:C and ISF. I’m doing way better now. I was in the 200s most of last week-ugh! I couldn’t figure out what was going on. I’m glad they seem to be behaving themselves now though :slight_smile:
Congratulations!

First off let me say Congrats! I have had horrible insulin resistance this whole pregnancy/. I am currently 26 weeks along and taking almost 300 units of insulin daily. My fastings in the beginning were horrible like 225+ now they are like 90-115 not so bad. So far everything looks good. But they are watching me closely to make sure the babies heart is ok they dont see anything wrong yet they just want to ake sure she is ok.

Congrats! And I had the same sort of resistance when I first found out. I’m in close communication with my endo and CDE to keep everything in check. Good luck!

Hoorah!!! :slight_smile:

Yes, I had to increase my insulin before I began decreasing it. I saw higher numbers in the mornings especially and increased my breakfast bolus dramatically (and stopped eating fast acting carbs in the morning). I also seemed to have a few unexplained highs.

Correct aggressively, but check often to avoid lows. And don’t be afraid to increase your basals and boluses. You will likely be making changes every week during pregnancy. No time like the present to start!

When do you see your endo? Will you be adjusting your own rates during pregnancy or how can you be in regular touch with your endo or CDE?

I started off with lows. LOTS of lows. I knew I was pregnant a week before the pregnancy tests did, so I was checking like a maniac for a whole week, just WAITING for the positive. Currently 27 (?- I think I’ve lost track) weeks along and the baby is PERFECT. Just had her heart check up and everything is great. So excited to meet her soon!!

Congratulations and congratulations again.