Brian (BSC)'s Pizza Pie Pie

I have posted this before, but previous postings are not easy to find.

BSC’s Pizza Pie Pie

1 lb ground sausage
1 lb italian sausage (hot if desired)
1/2 lb sliced pepperoni
italian seasoning
1 1/2 c spaghetti sauce
1 lb mozarella cheese

Mash the ground sausage into the bottom of a 12" fry pan in an even layer and brown throughly on both sides. I use a small cup to roll out the sausage into a smooth even layer. That is the crust. Brown the sausage crust on both sides and remove and place in bottom of pie container. Slice italian sausage into thin rounds and brown thoroughly in fry pan, drain and blot out remaining fat on paper towels. In a bowl mix browned sausage, pepperoni, sauce, seasoning and half the cheese and pour into pie. Cook in 350 deg oven for fifteen minutes covered in foil. Then uncover sprinkle on remainder on cheese, and cook for another fifteen minutes. If you like more crusty cheese, you can turn up the oven to 400 deg for the last part of the cooking.

Nutrition: (Don’t read this) Totals (remember it makes more than 8 servings) 5500 calories, 450g fat, 350g protein and 35g carbs.

This is filling. I’ve never been able to eat more than half of it at a sitting.

ps. I recommend you bolus for half the protein and use an extended or square wave bolus. In my little twisted part of the world, this is a totally “Bolus Worthy” Pizza Pie Pie.

2 Likes

I have a non-D friend who will love this!