THE BEST PIZZA! Incredibly Low Carb! Incredibly Delicious! This is the Real Deal!

Craving a Dialicious Pizza Pie? Ready for some Weekend Pizza Fun?!I I hope you give it a try!

Thanks to our friends at Fat Head PIzza! Find the recipe link at the bottom of the post!

5 Ingredients, 5 minutes to prep, Endless happy while eating!
This Pizza does not budge my diabetes. It is like a MIracle! Where has this been all my life?

Cheers to cookin’ that’s easy on the digits. I hope you share your pizza stories!

The Crust:
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbs cream cheese
1 egg
Garlic salt
Parchment paper and cookie sheet

Instructions:
-put mozzarella & cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl

-After making some keto recipes, I found it best to cube up the cream cheese before melting with other cheeses

-Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir (very hot!)

-Stir in egg & almond flour

-Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency (if “stringy” then your cheese has hardened too much—just put it back in the microwave for maybe another 20 seconds)

-Dock (poke rows of holes) with a fork to avoid bubbling

-Sprinkle with garlic salt

-Put in 425 degree oven

-After about 8 minutes, check it and poke holes where any large bubbles may be.

-continue cooking for a total 12-14 min, or until slightly brown on top.

Here is what I do for the toppings:

[Keep in mind that the toppings only cook long enough for the cheese to melt. Therefore, any meats you add need to be fully cooked.]

Before you begin making your crust, place the sausage on medium-low heat in a cast iron pan. I prefer ground Salciccia sausage—it is similar to Italian sausage. Do not stir too much or you will end up with taco meat consistency. After a few minutes you may need to use a baster to get excess water/grease out, but not too much. You want fully cooked, dime-sized sausages.

Put the sausage in a separate bowl, keeping the grease to sauté your veggies in!

Add a thin layer of pizza sauce, your desired amount of meats, veggies, cheese, and then sprinkle on oregano and basil. I prefer a lot of mozzarella and a handful of cheddar.

This is a double batch which filled up a cookie sheet and five hungry adults. (I would normally space the sausage better, but I was rushing making three at once.)

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/30/weekend-bonus-the-older-brothers-oldest-sons-faux-carb-pizza/

7 Likes

Looks yummy. I may try this once I move off of my boat with a dodgey oven and into a landside place with a real kitchen. I can count my pizza consumption now in slices per year, if any. Thanks for the recipe, @cynthia_rogers.

1 Like

Ha ha! SPY (slices per year!). I hope you get to make this asap! It make me soo happy and improves my SPY numbers!
I think a dodgey oven would work!

Cheers,
Cynthia

Ok, I tried…it was simple…and delicious?? Absolutely. I topped mine with 4 tbs marinara, sprinkle of mozzarella, pepperoni, pancetta, red onion and antipasto olives! Ate 3 pieces, bolus for 12 grams carb…blood sugars stayed in the 90’s!! This weeks pizza will be roasted garlic, goat cheese, red onion, olives and a pile of arugula with vinaigrette for a veggie twist! Awesome low carb meal!!

2 Likes

Wooo hoooo!! Tim!!! You are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! I appreciate you so much! Ride on!

Breadsticks next right!!

1 Like