Canada Mail Pharmacy recommondations

As of 1/1/2023 my insurance changed to United Healthcare and they don’t cover Tresiba. I’ve looked at the Humalog options and feel they are a downgrade.

My doctor wrote me a prescription so I’m looking for recommendations for a by mail Pharmacy in Canada.

I was considering these two but happy to hear about others

Thank you

1 Like

I have been using this offer for past 3 years and need to activate for 2023. Each fill, I get 3 vials. Either 3 novolog, or 2 novolog + 1 Tresiba.

1 Like

I’ll check into it, it would be nice to get it this way instead of Canada.

Update:
So does this mean its $99 per-insulin pen? Not counting shipping but via Canada its $155 for 5 pens.

I get 3 vials Novolog for $99.

Says this:

supply of any combination of Novo Nordisk insulin products (up to 3 vials or 2 packs of pens).

2 Likes

I have been very happy with Mark’s Marine Pharmacy. I have ordered many things from them.

4 Likes

I have been using https://canadianinsulin.com/ for quite a few years, but one of my major criteria was the location of their warehouse to my destination. The shorter the distance, all things being equal, the less time the insulin will be en route, reducing the number of possible incidents that could damage the insulin. So, I would choose travel distance (or hops) as the most important criterion, which would not necessarily make the pharmacy I use the best for you.

2 Likes

My cousin lives at a place called New Edmonton. He says he gets all his diabetes supplies for free. I do not know why he is looking forward to leaving in 2038, I will never know. He says however that he will have a graduate degree. I mean at least that is what he tells his mom. That might be an option if they do mail order. I am sure my grandma is not getting the whole story.

1 Like

I second the favorable comment about Marks Marine. Nice people, good service. I don’t get insulin from them, just some meds for my cat. Locally, it is $250 each in the U.S. but $160 for three with Marks.

However, my experience has been that while they ship quickly, it sits in Customs somewhere in california for about a week or more.

1 Like

I have used Marks Marine pharmacy for a number of years for insulin supplies - i use a pump. Excellent service, fair prices. The staff is quite knowledgeable and helpful. Because i live in a warm climate, i tend to order approximately a year of insulin, and order during the colder months. They do ship in special containers with special ice packs, but you never know if your shipment will be delayed at customs. So again, i get shipments in colder months.

2 Likes