Carbs app for iPhone/ipad

I’d like ideas for a simple straightforward carb app. I’ve looked at MyFitnessPal and it’ll do I guess, but I’d rather have one that defaults to showing just the carbs in whatever food I ask about. If I want all the rest of the data I can find it but I don’t want non-carb data to obscure what I really want to see.

Well, @Tom_in_SC , with all the keto diet crazy one would think there would be a plethora of carb listing apps. What I found were apps to log, track or otherwise record carbs. Calorie King is a pretty good app, but it doesn’t meet your criteria of only listing carbs.

Maybe someone will know of such an app.

I am a compulsive label reader and when I need to eat out will use my phone to find what I can eat in various restaurants and fast food places. Usually the listings aren’t phone friendly, too small with the image being very wide and long- like every thing they serve with every nutrient value.

Thx Luis. Let me clarify my OP. I don’t need the app to list ONLY carbs. I just want it to list carbs first and prominently so I don’t have to dig through calories and other data to find the one piece of data I’m looking for. Most of the apps I’ve checked so far are calorie focused, is why I’m asking.

And I also agree that in the end just googling “chocolate cake and frosting carbs” may get me my answer fastest!

Thx again.

CalorieKing is pretty easy to use. I think it is much easier to search for random foods than MyFitnessPal.

But if you generally eat the same things over and over, MyFitnessPal lets you save them and then they are easy to find. So in that case, MyFitnessPal might be easier.

Both of those apps list carbs, fat, protein, and calories, among other things. But carbs are pretty much always in the same place.

So once you get used to it, it’s easy to see in the app. You can just look at the carb number - it’s always in the same place - and ignore the rest of the information on the screen.

3 Likes

Another vote for CalorieKing

1 Like

I’m so lazy. I don’t look it up anywhere anymore. I say, "Siri, how many carbs in (a cup of Raisin Bran or 5 baby carrots or 1/2 cup Rebel black cherry ice cream, etc.) and she gives me the scoop in text and, in many instances, by voice as well.

1 Like

I like fatsecret

Thx, all. So far, calorieking seems ok.

1 Like

CarbManager has an Apple app (‎Carb Manager—Keto Diet Tracker on the App Store).

Used it for years. Greatest on the number of foods, the broadest measurement unit choice, scan input. You will need a food scale – I strongly recommend KitchenAid KQ908 Glass Surface 11 Pound Capacity Digital Kitchen and Food Scale, White or Black; you can switch between grams and ounces by turning a knob and tap the knob to reset to zero; far and away the easiest to use of any I’ve ever found.

Best luck!

mremmers said: I’m so lazy. I don’t look it up anywhere anymore. I say, "Siri, how many carbs in (a cup of Raisin Bran or 5 baby carrots or 1/2 cup Rebel black cherry ice cream, etc.) and she gives me the scoop in text and, in many instances, by voice as well.

That’s what I do! Quickest way to get an answer

I like Calorie King best. Carbs show up clearly on first page of search, no digging to find carbs. It has a lot of other nice features. For example, we get pumpkin chocolate chip bread from Great Harvest. You can search under Great Harvest or search by the item and it will often give you a choice of which brand. Thomas English muffins is another good example. Give it a try.

2 Likes

I’ve been very happy with Figwee. It even lets you slide a slider to change the quantity of whatever it is you plan to eat. And then it changes the number of carbs accordingly.

Fatsecret works for me, but using Siri now helps too.

1 Like