Celebrating A1C

Today is a good day. Layan just had her A1c. She dropped from 9.4 to 8.2.
And this drop is only after 50 days since she switched to the pump. I am so happy, although 8.2 is still high but I am sure for the first time since she was diagnosed that we are on the right track. Layan's A1c was 9.6 when she was diagnosed 18 months ago and since then we have been unable to get it below the 9's. For that I am happy and determined to increase the efforts to keep this little girl safe and healthy.

I don't know if people realise the work involved in lowering A1c. This is a fantastic achievement, well done to Layan and you. 50 days is such a short time for such a vast improvement. Keep up the brillant work.

Thanks Josephine, it was truely alot of hard work but I think the real improvement was due to the pump switch which gave me the choice to program different basal rates for different times of the day.thanks for your support.

That is great news. And after only 50 days, it may well drop even further!

Way to go Layan and Nisreem! Which kind of pump did you get and how did your CGM experiments work out for you?

Congratulations! I'm glad that your success has given you energy to keep up the struggle and I'm sure Layan is feeling better as well.

Thanks to all of you for the supporting words.
and acidrock23 I am using the Medtronic Veo pump, but Layan did not start with the GCM except yesterday. So she started with the pump 50 days ago but did not insert the sensor mainly because Layan is scared from the insertion process. For that I do her site changes while she is asleep. So I did postpone the GCM until yesterday. She used the Enlite sensor and she told me she felt no pain at all.
So for the GCM we are still new and calibrating but I love it, because it saves me a lot of my worries and continuous testing. At least with time I will be able to understand how different kinds of food affect her BG and hopefully I will be able to use this to achieve better control.

I forgot you can get the Enlites! I'm glad they work out for you and that you enjoy the CGM!