Chilblain Syndrome

I was diagnosed with this condition.I have red areas on the tip of my 4 toes on my left foot. It is caused by decreased circulation and exposure to cold. There is no treatment. They say it can resolve ,but living in a cold climate ,it has not. Diabetes can make you prone to this. It makes me a bit nervous as I worry about and take good care of my feet. Anyone else have this? Nancy50

1 Like

This is a condition I had not heard about before. For the curious, here’s the Mayo Clinic page that describes Chilblains Syndrome.

This article says that it usually clears up in 1-3 weeks, especially if the weather gets warmer. Sounds like your situation, however, has persisted. I hope you find someone else with experience with this condition. Good luck!

Warm slippers, electric socks.

2 Likes

Rice bag heated in the microwave and placed in the bottom of the bed before bedtime helps me a lot.

1 Like

Thanks,great idea. Put rice in a tube sock,tie,warm it up. Nancy50

1 Like

Use flaxseed, 1000 times better then rice.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks. The cost does have a major increase.Nancy50

When you can’t use a sock of rice in your shoes, you can use Bengay on your feet. It increases the blood flow to the area.
It’s temporary but I used to use it on my hands under my gloves when it was super cold.
I think it would do the same on your feet if you can bear the smell of it. It’s kind of wintergreen overload.

Thank you everyone! Nancy50

I don’t have, but my friend does…He was advised to avoid cold exposure whenever possible and keep his affected skin dry and warm but away from heat sources.