Clear liquid fasting question

Hi all. I’m preparing to get a colonoscopy in July (my mother just passed in March from colon cancer). I need to be on a clear liquid diet for the day before and the day of.

Has anyone else had to do a similar thing? I’m not too worried about my glucose going too low, but I do get the shakes and my vision is off when I don’t eat for long periods of time.

I’ve put in an e-mail to my doctor to see what she thinks, but I’m afraid she’s going to tell me to drink the sugary sports drinks they suggest.

Thanks for any suggestions. :slight_smile:

I had a colonoscopy a few years ago (I am a T-1). I ate a lot of sugar- free ice pops during the day before. Also, sugar-free jello ( skip the red ones). I don’t like broth so I skipped that. Check your BS frequently the day before to make sure it doesn’t go too low. You also can have ginger ale or sprite some sugar-free some not. Try to get scheduled early in the AM so you don’t have to fast too long on the day of the procedure. Also, stay close to the bathroom after you take the “stuff” that cleans you out. Good luck !! It’s not that bad.
P.S. So sorry about your mother.

Thanks for the suggestions!