Contour NEXT USB (Link Meter) pouch

Hi!! My insurance didn't cover them either but I got a letter from the doctor & appealed & now they cover enough to test 8 times a day!! If u like the meter maybe you could do the same?

I'm kind of glad I saw this, since I came searching for threads on this meter. I have about five functioning One touch meters including the one that came with my pump. I receive 300 strips per month for $5.00 under the One Touch loyalty program. Since I need a meter in my handbag, and prefer to have a couple on both levels of my home, I cant see why in the world I would want to switch! Switching leaves you with one meter, which you have to carry everywhere (in an ill fitting pouch?). For now I am not even considering it.

you can link up to 3 meters, so i have 1 bedside meter, plus my normal meter.

Yes, but you have to go out and buy the extra meters (unless a doctors office is giving them to you.)

Heard that Bayer changed the ContourNext link meter case....contacted customer service and complained that the original one could not be zipped with meter, strip can, and lancing device in place. They said they will send me a new one at no cost to me. Doesn't hurt to ask!

let me know if your replacement is any better, I don't want to ask for a replacement if the new one isn't an improvement

If you could send us a photo when you get it, that would be great. Thanks!

Will do!

I had to revert to my OneTouch Delica lancet pen because the Medicare authorized medical supply provider does not carry the lancets for the Bayer device. Universal lancets do NOT work. The Bayer USB Next Link case is very problematic for me as well.

The Bayer lancing device does use a universal lancet. OneTouch Delicas is only for the Delica...the other version of the OneTouch lancing device uses the same lancets (the Microlet style) as the Bayer...we have all of 3 types of lancing devices.

Medicare and my Medicare Advantage HMO require me to get my lancets and BG test strips from Edgepark. Edgepark carries the Bayer Next test strips but not the Bayer lancets. They shipped universal lancets which fit some of my older devices but do not fit the Bayer lancet device. The universal lancet barrel is smaller than Bayer's so the lancet just rotates when I try to remove the protective tip or eject the used lancet.

I called Bayer Next Customer Service. Bayer told me that I needed to use ONLY Bayer Lancet2 lancets. They specifically said the Lancet2 would not accept universal lancets.

If you found universal lancets that work for you, great. It just was not my experience and I'm commenting on Bayer Support's response.

Personally I prefer the smaller diameter finer gauge Delica lancets since I need to test 8 to 10 times per day. As with anything to do with Diabetes, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). Type 1 42+ years, pumper 2 years, no complications.

My daughter hates the Delicas and I just sent 6 boxes to another family to use + the two prickers. Interesting how everyone has their own favorite!

I just called Bayer myself. They are sending a Bayer Contour USB case at no charge. (Four colors available, I chose purple so it would stand out) Hopefully the Bayer Contour USB case is just tiny bit larger with loops that work!

Here is the picture of the new case. It may be the best fitting one we've had for any meter! Thanks Bayer!

It looks like the lancer might be in backwards; unless you're required to take it out to use it (which I never do), but the hard plastic to hold the meter in place is a nice improvement. It reminds me of the OneTouch UltraMini case.

Did you call Bayer or Medtronic for the case? I remember when I needed a replacement case for my old UltraLink, I was told by OneTouch that I needed to call Medtronic since it came from them...

Yep HORRIBLE Design!!!! I can't get my strips to fit in the pouch.

Thank you!
I just called Bayer and they are shipping me the new case as well (I hope it's the same one :-)

My daughter always takes the pricker out to use it. Call Bayer or you can contact them on their website. If you call, you get a choice of colors....I did it through email, so we got black by default. It is similar to the OneTouch Mini case, but actually fits everything better.

i did try our Microlet lancets and they worked in the Bayer2. I know the Microlets worked in the non-Delica OneTouch prickers are well.

I did call, and the rep said they do not have the case (he called it a "meter wallet") for the NextLink, but they do have one for the Contour USB. He offered to send that one, but couldn't guarantee that it will fit -- I'm quite certain it will, since it's the same form factor.

There was no discussion about colors... I just hope it's the two-tone black/gray like the previous case. It makes it a lot easier to find when camouflaged against my car upholstery or office chair.

We'll see what arrives. The phone rep tried hard to help but didn't seem all that knowledgeable.