Data Manager software

I’ve just loaded up my DM3 software today, its quite extensive isn’t it.

How do I save my results in a format that i can email to my diabetes team?

Thanks, Dee.

I’m gald you asked this question b/c I am not sure how to do this either.
Thanks,

Amy :slight_smile:

I’ve found that when I tell the data manager software to print it actually just gives me an excel sheet with all the data and I have to then print it from excel. These excel sheets could just be saved to your computer and emailed I would think…

Since my main computer is a Mac, I bought a netbook PC to run the DM3 software. I also had to purchase a copy of Microsoft Office so I could use MS Word.

My endo likes hardcopies of one week of the glucose trend reports. With one day of my glucose trend displayed I click on the “print” button at the upper right side of the screen. That automatically launches Word and displays a one day glucose trend in Word 2007 format. Then I click on the “Office” button at the upper left and choose the “save as” option. Next I choose “PDF - Publish a copy of the document as a PDF file.”

I like the PDF option since it doesn’t require that your endo have a copy of Excel or Word on their computer. Even if they do, sometimes there are incompatibilities created by different levels of software version between the sender and the receiver. Your endo needs a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader on his computer but most computer users have this - it’s free.

I then print the PDF but I could just as easily attach the file to an email to send to the doctor. For this example I will have saved seven PDF files for the seven-day record that my endo wants.

The “Success Report” as well as all the other options work much the same way.

Terry

When I click my report is displayed in MS Word. I have Word 2003 installed, so that is what comes up (not 2007 like Terry). In my Word 2003, PDF is not a save option. If I wanted to create a PDF, I would have to install a printer driver that created PDF documents.

I print a seven day Modal Day report for my CDE and my Endo. My CDE uses them to look for trends to fine-tune my pump settings. (She is an RN who has a working relationship with my Endo, and he wrote orders authorizing her to change my settings).

Another option to physically printing, is to fax from your computer to your Endo if you have a fax modem and have installed the fax printer driver. Mine acts just like a Windows printer, so Word uses it fine. I select the pages I want to print, and then the fax printer asks me for the phone number or lets me choose one from Outlook contacts. I can create a cover page through the fax printer as well.

Sun Microsystems Inc. sponsors Open Office which is FREE, compatible with Microsoft Office documents and has an excellent spreadsheet. It has different keystrokes and conventions from MS Office which means you will have a learning curve to contend with if you were trained on MS Office. Open Office is available for free download at www.openoffice.org

AaronM

I use the Omnipod (wish uses the Copilot Health Management Software) and I got tired of having to use both the Data Manager software and then use the Copilot Health Management Software to get the information I needed. I did some research and found out that the Dexcom software allows for the CGM values to be exported in XML format. The same time I found out that the Copilot Health Management Software has a XML import feature so I wrote a program that converts the CGM values, from the Dexcom software, into the format expected by the Copilot software. Now I have all my manual glucouse value and also my CGM values within the same software package and it works great.

I really like the Copilot software because the software will synchronize with the Abbott system and give a CDE access to your data without having to fax in your numbers when you need help troubleshooting problems. All the CDE has to do is synchronize with Abbott and presto… they have your numbers. Another item I like about the Copilot software is the Daily Combination report. Now with CGM I can easily see the affect of carbs, insulin, and response of insulin all on one page. The Omnipod gives you the exact time that the bolus occured and at the same time the Dexcom shows the rise of BG values (which is about 15 - 30min). This is really important when you want to see if your basal and bolus values are set correctly. You just have to make sure that the Dexcom and the Omnipod have the same time set. I can go on and on… but I am a complete fan of the Omnipod and the Dexcom CGM.

So far I haven’t been overly impressed with the Data Manager software. I actually have found the software to be rather confusing. This is just my observation and opinion though.

Any other Dexcom and Omnipod users out there. Omnipod and Dexcom are integrating late summer if not early this year… but until then this is the next best thing!!

Hi Mitchell, I don’t suppose you’d be willing to share your program with us?

Hi Rebecca , I would be more than happy to share this conversion program with you. So far it appears to work well with me and what I need but if it helps others… you bet. This program is a Windows based dialog application that allows you to select 2 different files (One being the Dexcom XML file and the other being the Copilot XML file to be imported). Then you just select convert. I don’t have any instructions on how I do the whole process but I am sure I could type something up to assist in the process. Since I am the only one using the conversion program it would be nice to work out the “kinks”. If you do use it I would strongly recommend backing up your Copilot database prior to doing this for the first time. I would hate for you to come back and say that this totally destroyed all your historical data.

Send me your email address and I will let you be one of the beta testers.

Hi Mitchell. I am new to the group, and would really love the converter/application you wrote. My daughter recently had to switch from Abbott Navigator CGMS to Dexcom 7+, but I have to continue using CoPilot HMS for the OmniPod data. Thanks a lot!

- Greg Waehner

greg@waehner.com