I’m a new user as this was the 2nd sensor. I am so glad this didn’t happen with the first, or I might’ve lost all confidence in the technology. The insertion felt just like the 1st one, that is really nothing. After the 2 hour warm up it was reporting what was historically correct from the last few days.
Then a the 4 hour mark BG began dropping after my dinner meal. I began treating the lows with glucose. BG would slightly rise and go back to low. Finally I got smart and did finger sticks. There was a discrepancy of some 80 to 100 mg/dl. Also if I put a little pressure on the sensor I could feel a pinch.
I called Dexcom support and got a very helpful tech. He had me stop the sensor, insert a new one and is sending a replacement for the one. When I took the bad one off there was blood around the probe (wire) that had also leaked onto the transmitter. I had a definite lesion, still there this morning.
I was on my stationary bike for 30 minutes to get my BG to drop. I didn’t really want to do a correction using insulin. My ride dropped BG 85mg/dl to 120mg/dl.
As a retired technician who used measuring equipment my whole life a faulty test set was anathema. I am forewarned now. If I get readings and trends that seem odd I will double check with finger sticks first.
I am not just new to CGMs but have been on MDI for less than 50 days.
I have contacted Dexcom support twice, once for app issues and this problem. They have been competent and helpful.