Dexcom G7 Questions

Hi,
I got a Dexcom G7 to try from my doc. I’m a type 1 on MDI. I use a Samsung S20FE as my receiver. I’ve heard that the G7 does not yet have a widget to show your BG on the lock screen like G6 does. Has anyone had this issue? I check my blood sugars frequently, and I don’t want to have to open my phone and the app every time if I can help it.
Any recommendations for switching over to G7? How about using xDrip with the G7 sensor?
Thanks!

I find the widget absolutely useless. I deleted it. It updated with a long, unpredictable delay. I need up-to-date BG info.

1 Like

That’s frustrating!

I don’t have G7 yet, but found this.

G7 | xDrip

2 Likes

Page 68 of the manual makes it look like you can access your current number and the graph from the notification drawer. I tried and was unable to figure out if this would work from the lock screen.

Dexcom G7 Manual - https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/dexcompdf/Downloads+and+Guides+Updates/AW00046-05+UG+G7+OUS+en+MMOL.pdf

xdrip works fine with g7, however, there are lots of steps to read about, and lots of options that need to be set up correctly, use the latest nightly version(click on assets), look up g7 and use their settings barcode, the transmitter id will need to be input and during startup, remember to start the sensor. itll say 2 hours, but you’ll receive readings after 30 minutes, you’ll also want to set up the number wall on lock screen, predicted lows settings, screen saver…

2 Likes

Thank you

i have used xdrip since 2016 with g4, g5, libre, eversense, g6, g7, now aaps, mostly because of the predicted lows, nightscout interaction, and ability to set customizable alarms for highs, lows, etc, i use short movie quotes so i can differentiate a predicted low vs high, but its better than the annoying beeps most of the apps limit you to, works well with aaps, wearos watches, Bluetooth headphones, etc

1 Like

I really need to get x drip going.

maybe on a day off because of all the different options that are extremely useful when your iob, carb ratios, and insulin sensitivity values are correct…itll tell me low expected in 45 minutes, and before the omnipod, it was pretty much guaranteed… with aaps, suspended basals help, you might also want to set up 3 or 4 distinct short voice/music alarms for lows, high, predicted low, rising fast, persistent high(optional) but those have helped me over the years and i have no idea why more apps do not have this option

1 Like

I started xDrip. It connected for about 30 minutes, and it has no resumed signal since then. It’s been about 24 hours. I will retry when I put next sensor in. This happened last time I tried.

if you are using the g7, there is a barcode for g7 xdrip settings you have to scan using a computer or another tablet or another phone, which is kind of annoying, but it won’t work until the settings are changed…you also have to input the 4 digit transmitter id (on the g7 inserter), and remember to start your sensor after a few minutes with the new transmitter id…also remember to delete all the old transmitter IDs

2 Likes