Diabetes freak out

I’m having the diabetes freak outs. I know its low blood sugar, in part. Its complicated and semi irrational, but the freak outs are here none the less. There’s no point in discussing it any further. It will only send me into a rage. I know you guys would get it. That’s all I need to know.

5 Likes

Hi @mohe0001, hows it going…as I hide behind the sofa… :smile: :smiley: :blush: :upside_down_face: :smirk: :thinking: :innocent:

2 Likes

I am throwing a cake at you as you speak…you see it coming and duck. I am left feeling total unsatisfied from the exchange. :smile:

Its not even your fault, Marie. It the NON-DIABETICS that start all these problems. They are RIDICULOUS.

2 Likes

I pick up a blueberry pie,realize it might stain the carpet but throw it anyway. I miss and you laugh and look for another cake, bigger this time. I hide behind the sofa again.

4 Likes

Lol

:laughing:

1 Like

I feel like it might be time to leave this hiding hole soon and rebuild. Those of you who have vaccinated already, what does that mean? Are you just going out and doing the things that you used to do? Are you normal now?

Normal is all messed up.

I just gotta get out of this rat hole and start doing things again. Its not healthy to be in this hole anymore, like a rat.

I’m not sure how to be a normal healthy rat. This has all gotta change. I gotta be a rebound rat, now.

Maybe I just start going out and sitting alone in my car and look at the world and paint it and think…I dunno. Too much thinking is bad for ya.

I won’t have full vaccination immunity for a few more weeks now. I’ve been thinking about this and conclude, for me, not much will change. One thing I’ll do is allow myself a Costco shopping excursion that includes 20 minutes of public transit each way.

My daughter has been generously helping me with that shopping but she’s not immune either. I do want to feel more independent once again.

I’ll still wear my mask and keep my six foot distance from others. But I will allow myself to take off the mask when walking outside in uncrowded situations. Breathing without a mask is a simple luxury I never appreciated before!

I am also considering a domestic airplane trip this summer. I’ll let that idea simmer for a while.

In general, not much will change. I will feel less concern about the riskiness of things like shopping but I will not start going to dine-in restaurants just yet. I don’t want to transmit to anyone either.

3 Likes

Ooooh, I think you should go on a trip when its time. I think you’ll get a good lead on everyone else (who will be desperate to travel by summer). Beat the rush, Terry.

I’ve known people who flew during this time. They say that some airlines are better than others for flu safety procedures. My buddy from FL was on a packed domestic flight (but, he already had covid when he traveled). My sister in law flew home to FR for Christmas because she was newly pregnant and knew it was her last chance to see her family for a long time. She said her airline WAS FANTASTIC - lots of empty seats were allocated and LOTS of testing took place.

Talk to me before you travel and I’ll get the names of the good airlines and the bad ones.

Why do you guys have cakes and pies sitting around? I mean if u weren’t going to throw them, why do you have them laying around?

2 Likes

I’m in the gray are between shots and do not know how much immunity I have at this time. My life has not changed but I do have a feeling of relief.

I guess I have been extremely lucky to this point because isolating myself completely was not in the cards. While my personality makes it easy for me to stay at home to avoid the world I could not stop the world from visiting my sanctuary on a daily basis.

I have envied those that could cut all ties with family, that was not possible for us, we have family that depends upon us. I feel relieved now that perhaps my wife and I will make it though this pandemic unharmed.

4 Likes

I will have my first injection on wed. Right now we only hang w out immediate family.
We don’t even see my parents who are local.
My parents have been vaccinated and after all3 of us are vaccinated, we will be able to visit them. That’s how we are planning g it.
However my mother in law in in a retirement home so we won’t be visiting her yet even if we all get vaccinated.
The rules for places like that are stricter.
As far as friends, we meet up with just a few families, masked and distanced.
We will be able to have meals together after the kids are vaccinated.

1 Like

You still have to be careful with being around high risk people as you might have “immunity”, that immunity doesn’t stop you from getting the virus, it just stops you from hopefully getting sick or as sick from it. Like the J&J one prevented anyone from being hospitalized or dying from covid in the trials.
But your immune system kicks in to fight it right away hopefully with an immunity response, but because you “catch” it how long can you actually pass it to someone else still? They don’t know that yet, so it’s better not to expose certain people still.

1 Like

@Timothy I love pies and cakes! I bake them everyday just to make sure I have plenty to throw at @mohe0001 .I need a new couch though, this one is getting tougher to clean. @mohee0001 hits the couch instead of me a lot. We need more practice.

3 Likes

You’ve been super strict like me, @Marie20. I’m really tough on enforcing boundaries with family and friends. No one come in my house (unless I need my dead to remove a dead mouse that the cat grabbed). I go into no ones house. Standing in the driveway is OK.

Do you feel like there will be a bunch of need to reestablish relationships after vaccination? Relationships are somewhat reliant on contact and hanging out together.

2 Likes

I think people need contact with each other. A year is too long. Now that the numbers are going down everything will be relaxed more and more.
After I get my vaccine I’ll be even more willing to be with people.
Right now I go to work every day. We see friends in the back yard with some distance.
I hope this year we can get rid of the masks

1 Like

I have completed both of my vaccine dosages, my wife has had her first dose. We are retired, so it is easy to stay away from other people. We do shop for groceries, visit our drug store and go to our doctors. There is no longer ant discomfort when doing these things. We feel very comfortable when near other people now, We still wear masks and stay at an appropriate distance from the other people.

3 Likes

Having had two doses of Pfizer a few weeks ago, I am now fully vaccinated, but since I take medication that makes me immunosuppressed, I still have to be cautious. That said, the most important thing is to get out of your house and to keep in contact with people. Studies are showing that getting into the fresh air and sunshine is vitally important to our mental well-beings, so even if you live in a cold climate, bundle up and get outside for a walk. Go to an uncrowded park or out into nature, if possible. Feel the sunshine on your face. Breathe fresh air. I will continue to wear masks when around others, but I am looking forward to seeing my daughter and her family when we return to our northern home. Even before the vaccinations, a friend would come over to my house for a Covid-lunch. She would pack her own lunch and drink, sit about 10 feet away from me on the other side of my screened-in porch, and we would both eat our own lunches and have a wonderful conversation. She would never enter my house, yet as a single person, she said that having that contact was life-saving for her. I hope you can get out and do the same. I also find that helping others makes me feel better. Donate to a food pantry. Volunteer to plant flowers this spring at your church if you are religious. Do what you can to make someone else’s life a little easier or better. Doing so will make you feel great.

4 Likes

I’m joining your vacc club on the 16th (first dose). I’m driving 6 hours round trip. Totally worth it. Nice car ride for me and the dog.

4 Likes

Good for you. So happy you could get an appointment, even if it means a road trip. Enjoy the ride!

1 Like