Diabetes Google Ads We Block

Once in a while, I run into web sites that promote their products and services using Google Ads (like the ones we carry here in TuDiabetes, on the right side) to promote what I consider to be “snake oil” (read empty miracle promises) aimed at those who are newly diagnosed and are hoping for a quick solution to diabetes.

Therefore, we take action and block those sites in the hope that we don’t send any business their way.

Today, we updated that list with the help of My Insulin Log, I have updated the list adding in a bunch of sites that he brought up to my attention.

Here is the complete list of sites we are blocking from Google Ads. If you ever see any questionable ads getting displayed, please let me know, so we can take a look at them and decide whether they should join this list:

allbaid.com

alphabetic.com
alternativehealthsecrets.com
ankanpouginseng.com
avandia-injury.com
bellyflabisugly.com
betterhealthresearch.com
bloodsugarswings.com

campusbooks.com
campusi.com

carbotone.com

charanteausa.com
controlurbloodsugar.com
creativeplaythings.com

davesdiabetescure.com
dew.discovermangosteen.com

diabetes-breakthroughs.com

diabetes.iscurable.com
diabetesmellituscare.com

diabeteswellness.org
diabeticbreakthrough.com
diabeticine.com

diabeticquest.com
directoutdoorliving.com
discovermangosteen.com

drpacheco.com
easydiabetescontrol.com

enhansulin.com
essiac-tea-for-diabetes.com
europeansolutions.net
faithmedsinstitute.com

glycogone.com
halewaiola.com
healingedge.net
healthresources.net
healthtechmeds.com
healthy-living.org
healthychoicenaturals.com
herbsforliving.com
hgh-facts.com
hpb84.net
hsibaltimore.com
ilovewater.biz
informulab.com
insuless.com
insulitelabs.com
ixwebhosting.com
legalleadshost.com
lipocerin.com
livingdiabetesfree.com
marrieddating.ask.com
mckenziebooks.com
meta365.com
mf3la.com
micronutra.com
muslima2marry.com
nanonutra.com
nativeremedies.com
natrhealth.com
naturalcureguide.com
natureswellnessoils.com
naturocare.com
nomedications.info
notimeforcolds.com
nutricell.com
nutritionupdate.info
okinawantea.com
pepinoespinoso.com
petfriendlyhealth.com
pfizerpro.com/Exubera
phdrinkingwater.com
playgroundequipments.net
playgroundlanding.com
playgroundlanding.net
pre-diabetes.insulitelabs.com
progressivehealth.com
provenresultshealth.com
realfoodnutrients.com
resperate.com
responsescientific.com
secure.ultracart.com
sportron.com
sportronhealth.com
sportroninternational.com
springfieldhealthjournal.com
sweetsunnah.com
techmedica.com
thediabetesbreakthrough.com
thefightdiabetes.com
thepeopleschemist.com
thetruthaboutdiabetes.info
tratamientodiabetes.com
treatment-for-diabetes.com
treatment-for-diabetes.info
trucosparabajardepeso.com
typesofdiabetes.info
urbanhealthsystems.com
valorebooks.com
vitaldiabetes.com
vitasprings.com
westopdiabetes.com
www.bitefight.us
www.colombiancupid.com
www.debrasweightloss.com
www.diabetes-mgr.com
www.diabetes1and2.com
www.mexicancupid.com
www.mydigitalsales.info
www.pierdedepesorapido.com
www.protectmarriage.com
www.your-diabetes-cures.com
www.yourdiabetespro.com
xcell-center.com
xcell-center.de
yourlawyer.com
zephyrstudy.com

List updated: 12/29/2008

Very helpful Manny! I’ve just copied the list into my own Google ad account. This is a great way to get rid of the scammers.

Thankyou Manny!
I do appreciate all that you do for us.
I’m thankful that you keep a “Father’s Heart” about our family here:)
MeadowLark

Right on, Manny! Keep those Google Ads honest – 'cause we all know there is a TON of *snake oil" being peddled, from one site to the next. Thanks for keeping TuDiabetes free and clear of this junk!!

Thanks for your kind words, MeadowLark!

Thanks Manny

This is invaluable. I’ll add the list to the diabetes search engine and my blog.

I’ve only blocked a few ads in the past and I can’t recall how to do this. I only see an option to allow certain sites. Can you also point some hints about the quickest way to block sites?

Never mind, I found it under the Competitive Ad Filter section.

I also have the following two sites in my list:

thetruthaboutdiabetes.info

You’ve had serious diabetes for more than 20 years and now you’re cured? Either you misunderstood your doctor or you need to find another doctor. You may have stabilized your blood sugars with your GlyPerfect wonder med, but you’re not cured. As for reversing neuropathy, I look forward to FDA approval of GlyPerfect. Anything that good deserves clinical trials and FDA approval (which the GlyPerfect page specifically says it does not have).

Just giving a bit of context here:
This reply from David (and the comment Jenny made right before me) was to a post that was removed because the member who posted it was banned from the community due to spamming practices.

The product the banned member was talking about was called GlyPerfect (also known as Allbaid), which has been sanctioned by the FDA:
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~acrobat/dialtr3.pdf

Another member pointed this out to me, so I will correct myself. My use of the word “sanctioned by the FDA” was inappropriate. I meant to say that the manufacturer had received a letter from the FDA questioning the product. In Spanish “sancionar” means to penalize. Sorry about any confusion this may have caused: please blame it on a not-so-fortunate pseudo-translation.

I suspected the original poster was up to no good, but I didn’t want to be too nasty to a new member, just in case.

Manny, your use of “sanctioned” was confusing, but not incorrect. Sanctioned happens to be one of those bizarre English words or expressions which can mean exact opposites. The historical meaning was official approval, but the meaning of penalization is now also correct. Other examples are to dust (dusting a pie means to sprinkle sugar or flour on the crust, but dusting a table means to remove dust) and to table a motion (start discussing a motion in most places, but to suspend discussing a motion in the US; in Canada we see it used both ways).

Thanks for clarifying that, David. I still thought it’d be a good idea to clarify it.

It wouldn’t be the first time my Venezuelan finds its way into my English! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ugh… I can’t believe how long that list is! Thanks for pointing it out to me. It’s a great resource!

Thank you so much Manny for all you do to keep this site free of spam ads. It is greatly appreciated by all, I’m sure.

The latest site ad we have blocked from the site is this one:

It used to point to www.betterhealthresearch.com. Thanks to Melissa for pointing this out: it is very disturbing that people take advantage of others this way...

Keep an eye on Google Ads, in case you see any ads that jump at you as suspicious. Hopefully before the end of the year we will be able to no longer run Google Ads.

I have to reverabrate what Meadowlark said. I’m with her and everybody else here THANK YOU SO MUCH MANNY!! I really belive your one who dosen’t belive in the false hope that these " quacks" offer!!!

Wow, that is quite the list. Impressive job. I mentioned to Bernard, that somehow there ought to be a way to utilize the community to automatically update this kind of a list through a series of thumbs and thumb downs like on a digg or youtube site. After a threshhold is reached they go into a white or blacklist type of a system. Not too sure, but what you are doing is awesome.

Just thought I’d point out that we can block Google Ads that you may find inappropriate for whatever reason. You can see on this topic that there is quite an extensive list of sites that we block Ads for.

If you have any ads to report, copy the link of the page you are on when you find them and send us a message using the Feedback link at the bottom of the site. Make sure to include the link, the text of the ad that you believe should be blocked and as much extra detail as you can (if you happened to have clicked on the ad, the URL for the page you were taken to would be helpful too).