Diabetes & oral contraceptive pill

Hello, I’m new here and from a spanish speaking country, so, hope my english is ok. I’m 27, diagnosed 3 years ago

For about seven or eight months I’ve been suffering from horrible acute pain in my ovaries during my period. In addition, my blood sugar levels go crazy high. The pain could be one of the reasons my glucose rises (bc adrenaline). Another could be the hormone pikes. My doctor thought it could be endometriosis, but studies showed it is not, although I’ve a little cyst in one ovary. Anyway, my doctor suggested taking the pill for a few months.

My question is: has any of you girls gone through something similar? Was the pill a solution for you? I’m scared it might alter my blood sugar even worse. I’m not a fan of the pill, but the pain is really unbearable :frowning:

Thanks a lot, stay safe.

Dai

1 Like

I do have endometriosis and the pain was pretty much unbearable until I started using Chaste tree berry (AKA Vitex). It’s cheap, effective and I haven’t had any adverse side effects in almost 8 years of use. At first I took it every day until my symptoms resolved and from then on I switched to just during my period. I haven’t ever been on contraceptives since I don’t want to mess with my hormones. I also use a product called Sabina which is a homeopathic treatment for heavy menstruation.

You may not have endometriosis but were you tested for other reproductive conditions like adenomyosis or PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome)?

1 Like

I had cysts and it was super painful. After a few months they cleared up, most of the pain though was when one ruptured. I took pain killers. I am not a fan of bcp. They can cause a lot of problems.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your suggestions! I’d love to use something natural.

I really dont know about those conditions, I think I should get a second opinion from another doctor.

I hope my pain goes away too, thanks!

1 Like

I can’t speak to cysts exactly, BUT I have been on the pill for almost 6 years and my period is so, so, so much better - much lighter, practically no pain. Blood sugar wise, I think things are better overall but I never really could tell a big difference with my cycle anyway. (My doctor prescribed it to help with prevention of ovarian cancer.) At least the pill is something you can try for a few months and if it doesn’t work, you can stop! Also, your English is great. :slight_smile:

I’m not a doctor, but I read a lot of medical research. I would think about seeing a doctor who knows a lot about supplementing natural bioidentical hormones. I think it’s possible your progesterone level is too low. Natural potential hormones are compounded by compound pharmacies. A compound pharmacy can give you names of doctors who are knowledgeable. Natural bioidentical hormones are generally made from yams.