Diabetes sucks

Dear whoever reads this,

Thanks to my friend Shannon who encouraged me to find a common place online with other people like me. Although I just signed up today I have to say reading some of the posts on here have been helpful. Mostly knowing that I am not the only one who suffers from this hell disease.

I was diagnosed last year in April at the age of 30. SInce that day I have still been waiting to see just a small piece of my old self.

I have, and contine to have the worst trouble regulating my blood sugars. Living alone is also scary when you go hypo.

What disgusts me most is that within a year I feel just as sick as I had the day I was diagnosed. Blurry vision, sugars in the 300-600’s the last 3 months. Was taking Levemir and Novolog. Recently changed endocrinologists and started Lantus, I have bee up all weekend dropping off in the middle of the niight sugars in the 40’s and 50’s. I am tired all the time, can’t hardly do my job, am gaining weight and feel like a pig. I want my old life back.

I was reading that some of you get your testing supplies for free through your insurance. Is this standard? If so I need to know how to contact the correct department about this. I have been spending hundreds of dollars on these things.

any encouragement would be helpful,

Angela