Diabetic friendly hydration vests

Does anyone have recommendations for diabetic-friendly hydration vests? I currently use a Nathan hydration vest but it doesn't allow easy access to all my supplies (snacks/gels, glucometer, test strips, lancet) and I also still have to wear a spibelt to carry my insulin pump. The other drawback is the Nathan pack makes me sweat so badly (even in cool temperatures) that I'm always fighting cramps for the last 6 to 8 miles.

I need it for both pavement and trail running but it doesn't have to be able to carry much more than what I mentioned but I do need to be able to reach everything without having to take the pack off.

I'm trying to break 4 hours but I keep coming up short and I feel like I won't be able to do it until I get this situation resolved.

In short, I need a vest that holds all my diabetic related crap and doesn't make me sweat like a pig.

Can anyone offer any advice or help on this?

Thanks,
Kurt

I wear a hydration vest and a belt. My belt is a single pouch but I added 2 more. I look like robo cop runner. :slight_smile:

I’ve been through several vests, and the best I have come across are the signature series ultra vests by Ultimate Direction. I have last years SJ ultra vest, and love it. I’ve used it on a couple Ultras’ & marathon distance training runs.

If you are carrying a lot of supplies, you may want to check out the Peter Bakwin vest. There’s a little more storage up front, and it may allow you to ditch the Spi belt all together.

Here’s the link.
http://www.ultimatedirection.com/c-signature-series.aspx

Happy running

I’m wearing the SJ vest in my profile pic.