Discouraged

I’m getting soooo discouraged lately. I’ve lost a couple more lbs. Close to 20 total. I’m only doing 60 carbs. per meal (per my nutrionist) and I’ve been able to dial my insulin pen back from 24 to 20. Which all that is great. On the other hand though I’m weak all the time, sick to my stomache,lightheaded and emotional. I’m just wondering when I’ll start to feel good again? Right now I’m miserable.

I’m T1 so things work a little different for me than the will for you. It looks like you have been at this for a month or so. I don’t know what your numbers are or where you started, but your body will take some time to get used to lower BG. For me this has been a very gradual process over the last 9 months. It has only been in the last month or so that I can say I feel fairly “normal” more often than not. Sometimes I wondered if I would EVER feel normal again. I am a work in progress for sure. I still do not have the stamina or strength I used to.

Do everything you can to keep your BG as close to normal as you can. Study this disease like your life depends on it (because it does). You can have the best medical team in the world, it is still you that lives, eats and breaths with this 24/7. Blood Sugar 101 was extremely helpful to my understanding of what was happening to me and what I could do about it. Hang in there. There is hope. The more you learn and understand, the closer you can stay to normal BG, the more successful you will be.

Thanks Randy. I started at 367 now I’m down to 139 or so. I know there are more people worse off than me. Now I have hope things will look up.

I was diagnosed in the beginning of April and my numbers stabilized in the low hundreds mid-June. I didn’t have any success until I went low carb. I also felt pretty lousy for a couple of weeks and every time my numbers dropped it took me a few days to acclimate. Just this week I’m back in the 90’s so I’ve been a little out of it. I only take Januvia and from what information I’ve been able to find it’s not having to do much since I’m eating less that 20 carbs a day. The nutritionist not only didn’t support my plan; she didn’t know how to approach celiac disease at all. She asked ME a lot of questions, though. It left me feeling less than confident!

The emotional part was the worst aspect for me. I spent several weeks that I didn’t feel like myself at all and I thought I was losing my mind! I’m getting better at planning meals now that are healthy and taste good. I’m a pretty good cook and my kids are not accustomed to depressed mom throwing something together. They have been great and willing to try anything! That helps!

I really hope that you feel better soon!

Awwwe, Thank You Amy. I’m glad You are doing better also. I really love this organization. At least everyone on here kinda knows what the next person is going through. My goodness You only had 20 carbs back then? Wow! I’ve only had this for a little over a month. Now I at least know things will get better. Everyone on this sight is really helpful. I’m grateful. God Bless!