Drawing Diabetes: Children Contest

This is called “Dinnertime High” by Maeve Potash, age 8, sister of Charlie Potash, type 1.

Corey Warren (12)
“Mom’s Supplies for Life!”
Type 3
This is a picture I drew of my mom’s things she needs to help herself get though diabetes everyday. It includes a monitor, glucogon, pump, and needle.

Cara Warren (9)
“My Mom’s Stuff”
Type 3
I drew my mom’s test strips, lancets, lancet device, and her monitor!

Caylee Warren (3)
“Mommy’s Pump”
Type 3
This is a picture that Caylee drew of her mom’s pump.

WOA! You guys sure came through for your mom: excellent work. This shows all the love you have for her. She must be very proud of you three!

That is an excellent painting, Maeve! That must be your mom testing him, huh? :slight_smile:

This is great! Very original computer drawing!!! Your drawing along with any other drawing summited after now, will be considered for next week’s contest. :slight_smile:

We are glad to announce that we have decided to give each participating child it own winner certificate. As you all can imagine it was VERY difficult to select only one winner among all the amazing drawings we received last week! WE ALL WIN AS WE SHARE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TEACHING US ABOUT YOUR LIFE WITH DIABETES!

Our main winner will still get the whole package. This week’s winner is Charlie Potash (type I, age 6) for his piece “Juicebox Low.”
Congratulations, Charlie!!

Your price will be a kit consisting of:
-A TuDiabetes stuffed animal;
-Coloring crayons;
-A winner certificate; and
-A chance to win a Pump Pak, courtesy of Pump Wear Inc. (owned and operated by Julie, one of our members).

Charlie:
You can choose among the stuffed animals below. Please send me an email at info AT tudiabetes DOT org with your choice and your mailing address.

(just in case, the animals are: a monkey, a doggie, a bear, a frog and a cow) This is called “Juicebox Low” by Charlie Potash, age 6, type 1.

My name is Adrian Davis, I don’t have diabetes but my little sister has type 1 diabetes, she is 2 yrs. old she is too small to draw so I draw for her so she don’t feel left out, some things she see and do everyday. I draw them on the computer paint section I hope you like it. Thanks’

Jordan (9) My mom helping my bubba remembering to take his meds. My bubba is a Type I and my mom is a Type II.

Super! We keep getting amazing submissions. This week is going to be tough to decide who the winner is. Still, keep those great works coming.

Big hug to you all, guys!

Jordan,

Thank you very much for participating! It was very hard for us to decide the winner of this week. We loved your drawing, and you will receive a second place winner certificate!

Our 3rd Week winner is Adrian Davis for the drawing he did for his little sister Abigail: “Some things I have to see and do everyday!”

Congratulations, Adrian!!

Your price will be a kit consisting of:
-A TuDiabetes stuffed animal (choose between a Bear, a Monkey, a Frog, or a Dog)
-Coloring crayons;
-A winner certificate; and
-A chance to win a Pump Pak, courtesy of Pump Wear Inc. (owned and operated by Julie, one of our members).

All the participating kids will get their own certificates!!! Cheers!

Noah. Cool drawing, Way to go! As always, Thank you for participating, we will be sending you your certificate this week! Cheers!

This is soo cute! I love the smile expression! :slight_smile:

What a strong authentic message Sarah! Thank you for sharing it.

Love and care overcome all the sadness! And this shows that you love him and care for him!

You and your brother are very brave, and you will see, one day at the time… you soon will start playing together more and more.

This is an awesome picture! Great job! I love the details

Allie:
This is an incredible piece! You have a lot of talent!

Indeed diabetes is something we need to be on top of every day. From the number in the meter on your drawing, it seems like you are doing a fine job at it! :slight_smile:

BIG HUG and thanks for contributing this beautiful piece!