Emotional Rant... Sorry :-)

Today has been a really emotional day for me.

After my little o/d episode last night I’ve just been feeling quite helpless, you know, like all this is just too much for me. Maybe I’m a little tired from getting up through out the night last night to check my levels. I worked 10 hours today and had some low readings after lunch (3.5). Felt a bit shaky and haven’t felt better since.

I just feel like i can’t get my levels under control. Hyops scare the hell out of me. I can never do as good a job as my body can do and it pisses me off that I’m not in full working order.

I’m sick of watching what I eat. I’m sick of eating so much! I’m sick of checking my levels all day and I’m sick of stabbing myself! Everything about diabetes sucks. It is all consuming. Everything i do is influenced by it. I can’t get it out of my head.

Sorry for complaining but I need to get it out… I’m sure you’ve all felt like this sometimes.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so lousy. I just read your other post and that is scary. I have to admit, i’ve come close to giving the wrong dose a couple times due to tiredness or stress, when my son was still on Lantus.
Have you talked to your doctor since this happened?

Let it out Linda! We need to rant and vent sometimes.

It is a heavy load we carry around dealing with all of this stuff.

While I don’t have an answer for you, I want you to know that I feel the same way often, and it is helpful to get it off your chest.

Be well.