Feel like a failure!

today I feel like a total failure regarding controlling my diabetes. I eat as though I am a “normal” person. Right now I don’t even know where my testing kit is. I must find it tonight and start testing regularly. I am on 2000mg metformin for med. Usually my #'s are higher in the morning and better late afternoon. My last A1C was 7. Sugar I had yesterday . . . ice cream bar, big sugar cookie, french fries - oh my.

Debby, earlier this year we had a contest called “Simple Steps for Health”, and there were some great ideas of how to get back in a positive direction for taking better care of ourselves. See the winning tips here. I don’t think there’s a single person here who hasn’t gotten off track at least a hundred times, and we have a no shame/ no blame atmosphere here. Start small in turning this thing around. Did you find your meter? My husband is type 2 also on Metformin.

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up…We realize our mistakes…we coreect it and try not to repeat it again. If we do…we are just humans…we make mistakes. But this failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success. Try to re establish your goals again Debby. Maybe, set a schedule for exercise? Maybe find out through a professional what diet is appropriate for you? Or maybe you can start keeping a journal of your bg so you can let your doctor plan a diabetes management program for you? Try again, work harder, a bit more discipline…The only real failure in life is the failure to try. You can do it =)
I wish you the best!

thanks to Teena and Marie B for the encouragement! I am at work so I will have to wait until I get home to look for my meter. I appreciate your support to pick myself up and try again. My husband says we “train” ourselves not “try” so I will say I will be back on track “training” myself to make better choices!

D is relentless, and even great atheletes stumble/fall at hurdles sometimes. We just got to pick ourselves up have a dust down and go at it again tomorrow. Keep on keeping on x x x

don’t feel like a failure!!! I have that those urges too when you want to say “what hell…who cares…I am gonna eat it anyway” then afterwards you have remorse. We all have been there. Just get back on the saddle and keep trying. We all need to cheat sometimes. When this happens again…Go out for a walk and work of the sugar high. It will be the best thing… And smile while you do it!!! I am taking 2000 metformin, byetta, and actos…next stop insulin…:slight_smile: