FIASP and Omnipod... Someone?

Hello, is anyone using Fiasp with Omnipod?

TIA!

I tried it last year in my Animas Vibe pump … and didn’t find it any better than Novolog / NovoRapid (not sure if you’re American or from another country where insulins go by different name ). I wrote a #dblog about it … here’s the link … it may help you. Also, any pump companies out there do not advise to use Fiasp in their units. Some people in the UK have said it worked fine for them.

1 Like

I tried it. It was sketchy. Big red bumps after a few days.

2 Likes

What problem are you hoping it will help resolve?

FWIW, I’m using it in my Medtronic (not 670) pump. Noticeably better on the rapidity of onset, and clears faster on the back side. Most notably helps with managing exercise–the steeper effect curve makes it much easier to conform temp basals to my bike rides. I don’t have to start them nearly so far ahead or keep them going for so long. For my part the “red bump” thing hasn’t been a factor. Not everyone reacts the same way, so it might be worth a try.

You pretty much mentioned them all, my son uses Apidra which we find works faster than Novolog and Humalog on him, but still would like a faster acting insulin.