First Thought of Many

This is my first official post, and I must say, I feel better about managing my diabetes already. I've often thought about starting a blog. I have a lot of thoughts about a lot of things, and I like the idea of being free to launch them out into the universe even if no one will read them.

Currently for me, diabetes-wise, I am working hard to get my A1C down to a less scary number. Right now, it's at an 8. Although I have been lucky enough to steer clear of any major complications during my 15 years with diabetes (I'm 25 years old), I always feel like a ticking time bomb and want to get my number down. I always feel a slight twinge of anxiety when my doctors ask, "any complications from your diabetes.....yet?" I wish they could leave that "yet" out. Since that wish is unlikely to come true, I'm going to do all that I can to leave that "yet" out. Right now, that means getting my sugars down to normal.

I'm excited to be a part of Tu Diabetes. Thank you to Nicole who asked me to join Tu Diabetes and is my first Tu Diabetes friend. Also, thank you to Kerri who not only has an awesome blog, but is my second Tu Diabetes friend. Hopefully there will be many more friends and many more posts to follow.

Welcome Steph. :smiley: I am so glad you’re here.

hiya Steph. welcome aboard.