First Time Ozempic User

My type 2 Diabetes had gotten way out of wack. Went to a new Endo and was prescribed with Ozempic as I cannot take metformin any more (makes me sick).

This is week 4 on the Ozempic and up until now, it has been smooth sailing. I only take 0.25 as my Endo is pleased with my numbers coming down since starting it.

Since yesterday I have been feeling pretty crappy. I feel neasous and very lethargic. Don’t know if it’s the Ozempic, weather or just fed up with dealing with this. (diagnosed about 2003). I thought I had it under control using low carb, but the last couple of months, that hasn’t been working, thus the Ozempic.

I’m hoping it will get better because I don’t like feeling like this. Anyone else feel sick all the time?

1 Like

Hey Mardew, I’ve just gone past 10 years of experimenting (well that’s what we’re doing) trying to keep my sugar down and “keeping all my ducks in a row”. What I can say is that all change is a sht and knocks you around until you learn to live with it or micro change other things until you get your balance again. The worse is when you think to yourself, “wow I’ve actually getting this right” and then a week later it all turns wonky. Take it easy work it out slowly and rationally.

@mardew, Ozempic seems to behave fairly predictably until you make a.minute change in your schedule, dosage, or start to eat a higher carb meal. Then all bets are off and.you are along for Mr Toads wild ride until you restabilize (that is just my opinion based on my experience and is in no way actual factual medical advice).

Side effects from Ozempic

What are the most common side effects of Ozempic®?

The most common side effects of Ozempic® may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and constipation. Be sure to talk to your health care provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.

These are not all the possible side effects of Ozempic®. Call your health care provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

I take a Trulicity ,have had no problems.
Nancy50