Ozempic

I have been a diabetic for more than 20 years. My A1C numbers have steadily climbed over the years and I’m now taking 8 different meds. I took Ozempic for about 18months and did have the common reactions, nausea, diarrhea, acid re flux, etc, and had to continuously use anti-diarrhea medication but continued to use bc it lowered my sugars and helped me to lose weight. I stopped using this drug in the new year because in addition to the other side effects I was experiencing an infernal itch throughout my body, no rash, just an itch all over that wouldn’t let me sleep and I’m worried about my pancreas,liver and kidneys, also I was paying $545 a month even with my insurance. They say Ozempic stays in your body for about 5 weeks, its been about that and now my sugars are higher than ever before, in the 200’s even with 100mg 2x a day of metformin & all the other prescription drugs. I suspect that Ozempic makes your body so dependent on it so that you can’t quit. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Sounds like you may need meal time insulin if numbers are not coming down. Has anyone suggested a dose of Benadryl? I would ask you pharmacist if this might help your itching. Good luck. Nancy50