FreeStyle LibreLink App vs. Libre Reader

Start sensor with reader, you can use both reader and phone. Start sensor with phone and you can only use the phone. I dont even bother with the reader anymore ( not really sure where it is ) LOL :thinking:

1 Like

The reader works a lot better then my phone - it has to be in an exact spot to work - while the reader just has to be close

1 Like

To: the burn,I was originally responding to the messages I was replying on user: frantastic
You only quoted part of what I stated.
The ABBOTT manufacturing company who makes the freestyle libre 14 day sensor actually told me over the phone. you have to scan the sensor FIRST :thinking: with the reader. Then you can scan using a cell phone that is compatible. ( and download the app).
I tried it first before I called and found out it doesn’t work for both reader and cell phone if u scan cell phone first. If u do it the other way around(scan reader first then cell it will work on both devices). This is how the device works, manufacturing company stated and I was able to confirm by doing it a while back.

1 Like

You are totally correct, we are saying the same thing. If you want to use both the reader and your phone, you must start a sensor with the reader. if you start the sensor with your phone, you can only use your phone.