G5 mobile app refuses to take my Dexcom username

Continuing the discussion from Dexcom G5 Review:

[quote=“Anthony, post:1, topic:47736, full:true”]
I received my G5 and it seems to be working just as well as the old receiver and G4. When you set up the G5 mobile app all you need to do is scan the barcode on the transmitter box with your iPhone and it is automatically paired…[/quote]

I can’t get my iPod Touch (5th gen) 16gb working with the G5 mobile app. I can download the app, but when I enter the username and password that I use on my desktop computer to access the Dexcom store website, it tells me “The username you entered is not linked to a Dexcom account”.

I called tech support, who had me remove & reload the app, and it still has the same message. He indicated he hadn’t run across this problem before.

Anyone else with the same problem, and if so, how did you resolve it?

if yours is new, it must still be under warranty. call tech support and tell them (again) what your problem is and request a replacement. dexcom is very accommodating. i experienced similar problems last year with my receiver. i went through 3 of them before i got one that worked properly. it was really frustrating, but the problem got solved.