Got a loaner today from Medtronic

It’s a 751 which I like. I asked them if there was ANY way I could possibly keep it with Medicare & supplement paying for it as they will for the 670G. They said no dice (due to it having been discontinued some time ago) which I expected, but I had to ask. I’ll just enjoy the 751 for the next few weeks, I guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love my X2, but my blue translucent MM 723/530 pumps will be in my heart forever. Hope everything works out for you, Dave😀

1 Like

If I get truly aggravated with button pushing or whatnot on the 670 (no desire to use auto or use their sensors), it’s nice to know I can request that it be returned as a “rental” and go with plan B.

Ah, the translucent pumps! My 530 that just broke is trans blue and my wife’s is trans purple. Very cool looking!

1 Like

Those pumps remind me of the pagers we were all rocking in high school in the early '90s.

If Medtronic get the G3 sensors approved with Medicare, you should give them a try. Maybe, you’ll have great success with auto mode.

Are the G3 the current sensors?

Guardian 3, yes. About equal in accuracy to the G5, but not to the G6.

2 Likes

The G3 are the sensors you need to run the 670 in auto. I haven’t paid Medtronic much attention since I got my X2 a few years ago. If they still offer the enlites, you can’t use them for auto mode. I don’t know why you’d do that instead of using the pump in normal setting with the Dex CGM separately. You and I agree that the Enlites suck.

1 Like

That’s the plan!

1 Like

I know. I don’t have to worry that you’ll do something stupid.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can always do something stupid! I try not to do stupid things that are dangerous, however. :slight_smile:

Good man.