Got my first 99 reading!

I could cry, I’m so happy!! I was just dx’ed about 6 weeks ago. Since then, I’ve lost 21 lbs and got my first reading of 99 today after a walk!! I can do this!!!

13 Likes

Great job! :smiley:

2 Likes

Good for you! Yes, you can do this. :+1::+1::+1:

Don’t ever forget, walking is the magic elixer!

2 Likes

Let me jump on the Lizard1 wagon. Bravo !:boom::boom:. Take small steps.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! :heart_eyes: I thought this would be impossible for me. It’s really not, and I’m getting so much better! Love y’all!! Thanks so much for your encouragement!! ::joy:

1 Like

congrats. mine usually is 80 something after exercise. you’ll get addicted to walking.

2 Likes

Yay!! Congrats :smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Physical activity and decreasing one’s percentage of adipose tissue in addition to health eating is the first line approach in managing type 2 diabetes! Well done!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

It’s really coming off, too–21 lbs!!

1 Like

May it be - and I’m sure it will be - the first of many.

Maurie

2 Likes

Hooray! What kept me moving forward was simply that the changes were so immediately gratifying! GoGoGo!..

1 Like

that is a beautiful number! congratulations on your first steps to better health, the double digit BG and the weight loss!

2 Likes

Way to go. Keep,it up.

2 Likes

I love it when a plan comes together. Good work

3 Likes

Good job! Keep at it!

Yeppers, seems like exercise is an important part of keeping numbers low. Perhaps doctors should write prescriptions for exercise in addition to any medications. For me its bike riding!

Thanks so much, everyone!

As it happens, I experienced my first spike today. Bleh. One more food to cross off my list, but…it is what it is.

1 Like

Keith6,

You might find the following site of interest: www.exerciseismedicine.org. As a clinical exercise physiologist I agree wholly with you that doctors should write a prescription for exercise and make referrals to individuals like myself for delivery of the prescription.

Best to you!

Jo

1 Like

That is great, many happy "return-to-normal-numbers ". Perceptive exercise, what a concept!