Have any existing users received new pods?

oh well

FYI, just spoke with Insulet this morning. "Mid to late April" is the shipping date for new pods. I'm hoping to be lucky in that my ship date of May 1st (I was running long, so called them to extend next shipment) for my next order will be the new pods.

Just got off the phone with Insulet product support. The rep said that they have begun notifying existing customers via email about how to transition... :) Wish it was me...

Oh man...I just placed an order today because I only had 3 pods left and one had an occlusion error last night. I talked to product support and they said it wouldn't matter if I went month to month, I would still get the old pods until the 3 months were up. Wish I could have waited a few weeks but I just couldn't wait and MDI is too annoying with my dawn phenomenon at this point.

The frustrating thing is that I'm having issues with the pods due to the size. I'm a little under five feet tall and fairly small so I really don't have a lot of site options where the pod does not stick out a lot and get bumped due to the size. I was really hoping I would have them in the next few weeks. Boo!

my official re-order date is april 14th. fingers crossed.

Easy to suck the insulin out of the pod. We do it all the time. We use the syringe from the new pod to suck out the insulin from the old pod. (You withdraw it from the same hole that you put it into.) Then add new insulin from the vial to the same syringe before filling the new pod. Sometimes you may not get that much out but every unit counts. My daughter is 7 and we never use the min 85 units that is required to fill the pod. Since we pay alot of money for insulin we will not waste it.

i just spoke to omnipod and i put my account on hold. they said they have NOT started contacting existing customers. hopefully in the next couple weeks. i have 4 months of minimed supplies sitting in a closet, i'm done with this game. upsetting to me that i was "sold" on switching to the omnipod when i had all that minimed supplies and could have easily waited.

ok, done with my vent. mostly just wanted to give everyone an update and that i heard they are not sending out letters to transition yet.
:-)