Have you all noticed this?

I don’t know why it caught my eye but on the main page of tudiabetes there is a rainbow colored link saying that tudiabetes needs to raise $20,000 by Sept. 30th and that if every member of the site contributed $5 they could meet the goal.

So it got me to thinking, has any one else noticed this? And how many have contributed? We obviously all LOVE the site. I keep seeing people writing about how much they have gotten from the site. I know that I have learned more about diabetes from this site in the past few months than I have in the past 10yrs. It has been great to talk with people just like me.

I am a firm believer of giving back to those that give to me, whether they ask for it or not. I know that even $5 is a lot to ask of some, but not for all.

So below is a link to the fundraiser page so that you can contribute your $5. I think this another great way for us to say how much we appreciate what tudiabetes has done for us!

http://tudiabetes.com/notes/Fundraising

Nicely said…

Thanks for the nudge Leah!

Thanks for posting this. I blogged about it a week or so ago in order to draw some attention to it. I don’t know if it helped or not, but it seemed like an easy enough way to contribute beyond the cash donation I made. I know it’s been suggested that we ask friends and family to donate, and I think that’s another potentially effective means of reaching the goal. We can’t just expect $20K to fall out of the sky. I know when I’ve raised money for JDRF, I had to be proactive and ask people to help. This is no different. It’s our community so I think it’s our responsibility to take steps towards achieving the fundraising goal. We can’t sit back and think Manny has a magic wand to make it happen.

I have noticed the Help Tudiabetes! it’s been there for alomost 2 months…

I’ve been here for over a year now and have gotten so much out of this entire community. I was happy to donate.

I think if we keep this thread alive and on the front page that will help a lot. But I also like Lee Ann’s idea of blogging as well.

Whoohoo! I am glad I am not the only one who noticed!

Thanks for reminding me. I’ve been overwhelmed by the friendliness and unusualness of this site. I chipped in tonight.

Well it looks like there still is a ways to go but we still have 12 days left! If you have $5 to spare this is a great time to put it to good use!

Share is nice… :slight_smile:

if i had extra id give it, but right now i am struggling to pay bills :frowning:

Here! Here Debb!

Hey Derek no sweat! There is more than one way to give and getting your family and your health track is a great way to start!

There is about 9 days left until the Sept 30th deadline. Don’t forget to take some time a donate to TuDiabetes!

Remember just $5 from each of us (if you are able) can make a difference!

Thanks for your kind words, Leah!

Until today I had missed this thread. It really means a lot to us!!!

It’s my pleasure! Thanks for a website to go to!

We just recorded this video, calling for donations as we near the end of the fundraising campaign.

Thanks to all of you for your support!!

Hey everyone! 5 days left!!!

The number has grown but not by enough, so no it’s time to ask the question.

What holds you back?

If it is your financial state or things in your life that are beyond your control, then no worries! I totally understand! BUt if you know some one that just need a tax deduction or just loves to give then THIS is a great time to act!

For the rest of us, what holds us back? Is work really hectic? Is life stressing you out? Do you forget?

Well think of it this way, I seen how much a lot of you guys post and you love this site! You love that this place is a break in your day. You love that you have multiple people and opportunities to vent frustration with people that understand.

So now is the time to make sure your vice doesn’t leave! Before you post make it a priority to donate first! $5 isn’t so bad, it’s a value meal you didn’t need anyway! Have you counted the carbs in one of those things!?!?!?!

Thanks for listening!

I must say I am now going to contribute to this website. I would like to explain why. Yesterday, I posted about a flyer campaign on this website and a few others. I was banned from one website for “recruiting”. The campaign has nothing to do with making money but it has everything to do with informing others about lowering their blood glucose, diabetes awareness and how we can all help in an easy, inexpensive way.

I understand that some websites run on advertising and they have the right to their rules but, it saddens me that just mentioning this campaign -without linking mind you- caused me to be banned without warning. Apparently, not all diabetes forums are for advocacy. Lesson learned.

So, I’m going to put my money where my mouth is and donate to Tu Diabetes a true advocacy site and stop visiting that other website.

I agree that $5 isn’t much to give for a place that has given back so much.

~Danielle

2 DAYS LEFT!!! Have you contributed your $5?

The amount of money donated has increased! Whoohoo!!

Lets make it a goal to push for a HUGE bump in these next 2 days!

GO TEAM!

I agree wholeheartedly. What is holding us back. Maybe you contributed once. I did. Maybe you can do it again. I did that too. When you stop and think about it, where do we get our really big support? Where can we always go and find someone who understands and is willing to listen? We all need each other and here that is exactly what we have. It is the very best deal in town. So, to repeat Leah’s words. GO TEAM !!!

The amount of experience of members here is amazing,the information,the different forum,the links we can access for every detail and up to date information is unbeleivable.And the support,the compassion,the descency of the community is outstanding.Yes we have to support it now and forever