Help out a Kid going to camp

My daughter Jamie is 10 years old and is leaving Sunday to go to the Lions camp for diabetics in Kerville Texas. It is a week long camp and it will be the first time she will be away from home by herself. She is getting a little nervous. Does anyone have any experience with this camp or better yet, a child that has been that she can talk to? A phone call or e-mail from someone that can tell her how much fun it will be may just get her excited about going. My email is twood95@gmail.com

Hi Tim, I went to that excat camp when I was 8 or 9 years old. My parents took pictures of me and surrounding areas because it’s beautiful there. Wish I could find the pic.s so I can post them. I loved it there and made great friends. They’re all loving, kind and understanding there. You do so many fun things. Your daughter will love the activities they do they. I would love talking to her about of the fun she’ll have. Of course I’m older now but would love to put her mind at ease.

Connie

It would be great if you could send her a e-mail and let her know about the camp. Just send it to my address, She is spending the night with a friend and will be home Friday. Maybe we can call you then if you don’t mind. Thanks, Tim

I’m so sorry I just found the ‘Texas Group’ and read your post. I went to the Camp when I was 9 and won the ‘Best Camper’ award. HA. I loved it. I’m sure your daughter will have a fabulous time once she meets a friend and gets comfortable!

Jamie went to camp last week and she did ok, I think her mother had a harder time than Jamie did. Jamie met a lot of new friends and they were kept very busy with all kinds of group activities so she didn’t have time to be homesick. The kids were ages 8 through 15 so Jamie was in the middle at 10 and there were 215 kids at camp so lots of kids to meet and hang with. All in all it was a good experience for her and think she will go back next year

Great news Tim! Glad to hear that it worked out well!!!