Hi Ho. Hi Ho! It's Off To HOME I Go!

Lois, can you send me a message? I have some numbers for you to try. I work at a community action agency here in Michigan and have been in touch with some people in your area. If you want to, that is. I understand if you don’t feel up to it.

Would Service Clubs , such as the Masons help ??; here they drive people to appointments as well .

Doris:

Not taken negatively. No apology necessary.

Lois

Marcia:

I can’t leave you that in your inbox unless we are friends. There’s no way around computers!

Lois

Sohair:

I am ashamed to say that I have no church family. After my bad scene with one church secretary, I left that church and moved to the opposite side of town. I never did find a church that wasn’t really old and was not handicapped-accessible. Most of the churches are old Catholic church buildings. I am also used to a nondemoninational church or, in other words, an interfath church. I’m not sure of what words to use to describe it to you.

Anyway, I have no ties that people would care to give up their time like that. In fact, you all are my biggest “family.”

Lois

Lizman:

I don’t know of any organization that I already haven’t contact when I was in a “situation” before. They all told me that I was either too young or made too much money by just a couple of hundred dollars. As to churches, I’ve told Sohair that I did not affiliate myself with any neighborhood church when I moved to this side of town. And, you know, it’s not my style to call the newspapers or TV stations to blow the whistle on someone.

Siiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Lois

Again, if we were friends, I could send you that info. I don’t know how to do that one!!! Can you believe it!!!

BUT, I’ll try.

Lois

I wouldn’t know on that one. I’ve never had anything to do with service clubs. Except, one time, I had asked the Lions Club for some odd thing and struck out. As for the Masons, I have heard that they are not a Christian organization and there is something “secretive” about them…

Lois

RECENT UPDATE

After a conversation with a friend that is in the nursing field, she could think of no organization that would be able to cover my rehab stay or one that would give 24/7 in-home coverage. (She works for a home nursing organization here in the city.) It looks like I will have to put this all in the hands of the Almighty Lord. Because, right now, I am out of options in such a short time. I have a feeling that they will give me official discharge notice tomorrow and I will have to start the Medicare appeal right then. They are not giving me any leeway to play with. They are serious about getting me out and I am sure, they won’t be dragging any heels at all.

Lois

Masons are Christians & other religions, too:) Why does this matter? Just curious.

My father was a Mason.

The Lions deal with vision related projects.

Lots of alleged mystery surrounding the Masons & other organizations as well. Many started as secret societies or guilds.

I got your message & will start calling tomorrow. Wish me luck trying to recruit an army of volunteers, or at least a couple.

Gerri:

I meant nothing mean by my remark about Masons. I had heard comments from some fundamentalist Christian friends of mine about the “secret society” and all. Never new that other information you stated about many other societies, etc. Just uninformed … that’s me.

Lois

Gerri , Lions deal with diabetes too

…as a matter of fact I belonged to a small club of 9 members ( went belly up , no one wanted to take on the executive duties , sad to say ) …however we raised CAN $ 5,000.00 on World Diabetes Day , 2008 with the Strides Walk …money went to the the Kelowna , BC office , CDA to help send kids to diabetes camp in British Columbia .Clubs have helped financially with $$$ for an insulin pumper , my special buddy . One of our best neighbours is a Mason …wife and he always willing to help folks, that need help .
Hope this is somewhat positive for Lois to keep in mind .

Know it wasn’t mean:) Fundamentalists Christians think everyone is suspect except them.

Sure there’s secret stuff about the Masons, that’s part of the allure of wanting to join. My father had to nominated to become a member & was proud to be accepted, but think that’s true of all these groups like the Rotary, Lions, etc. They want people to feel it’s an exclusive honor to join.

Allegedly, many judges & people of note were/are Masons. Supposedly, they had ways to recognize fellow Masons to help each other, do favors or whatever for each other. Guess that’s part of the “club” thing. My father didn’t talk about it much. He joined for business contacts.

Masons are a very old society. Don’t know that much about them really. Some it may be fact, some fiction, some pure fabrication to be even more mysterious.

The division of the Masons my father was part of worked towards helping children with mental challenges. They raised a lot of money. Hope the fundamentalists would approve:)

Thanks, Nel. I didn’t realize The Lions helped with diabetes. That’s great! Lovely photo of you.

Everything I’ve seen were eyeglass drives, vision testing, money for eye disease research. The Lions in my area raise a good bit at Christmas time selling Christmas trees. They’re very active & have wonderful community spirit.

How about calling the media about needing assistance? Local TV loves human interest stories & people respond.

I have a suggessions to Manny : charitable organizations who are interested to help diabetic who need help to be invited to our community here and see how they can help,voluntury care givers,meals on wheels to be delivered for sick members till recover…
The charitable organizations are wonderful in USA,helping people all over the world. What we need is one to help diabetics in rough time.

I suggest you ring your nearest church,to come and arrange volunteers to help you.Community help has nothing to do with beleif. I remember the clinic run by nuns in Cairo,helping moslims in need.

we are friends now, I will send you the info I have. I have read the thread, and even though your friend the nurse doesn’t know of anything, don’t give up that there could BE something. I work in this field in my community and I am STILL surprised weekly about groups I didn’t know of, offering different services. In my own area! Sometimes it’s new, sometimes it’s a volunteer group in a church that’s not advertising. Sometimes it’s just networking. It can’t hurt to let us try right? It’s a way we can tangibly show care for you, from a distance too great to do it ourselves. Leave no stone unturned!

Lois…I know how you feel. With my husband having been laid off from his job, an unable to find something, plus all my health issues, we got behind in our rent. Our apartment complex suggested a couple of agencies who help in such matters, and I guess I make too much money to get any help. I have no idea how some are able to get all the help, and those of us can use assistance can not get any help. If there is anything I can do for you, do not hesitate to ask…I am about 2 hours away, and will do what I can.

Anna, you are very kind.