Dad is dying

Another slap in the face from fate! I got a call from my sister who lives in New Jersey and she toild me that she was in Wisconsin for the last two weeks. She had been admitted to Waukesha Memorial in WI. Her Potassium was way too low and her calcium was way too high (or vice versa!). I knew she was here for a none-to-pleasant reason and asked her for the reason she was calling.

My Dad is back in the hospital and they were looking for a hospice room. MY DAD IS DYING and they don’t expect him to last more than a week or two. His heart isn’t working right, his adult leukemia is back and he has stage 3 renal failure. I can’t say that it’s unexpected but, when the time comes, it’s still hard to cope with it.

The hospital will not let me out to visit him for a few hours. They say I have too many health problems to let me go. I would have to check out AMA and then Medicare wouldn’t pay for my stay!! Besides, I’m supposed to have surgery tomorrow. But I don’t know if I will because my blood is “too thin.” It takes too long to clot.

Life is really taking a dump on me. My head is spinning with all the cra* piled on top of it! I don’t know how to cope with all this.

Forlorn Lois

I don’t know , what to say dear Lois… it is good , that you can get this of your chest by using your laptop .
Take care , please.
Is there a Social Worker available to you ? A good cry may help ?

Nel:

I don’t know what to say either. I’m just tired out and just a bit more qggravated that they won’t even let me out for a couple of hours. I really HATE it here!!!

Lois

I am so very sorry Lois, I wish I could do something to ease your troubles and lighten your heart.

Robyn
XX

My heart goes out to you once again! I will be praying for you! God Bless you!

I’ll pray for you, hopes it lightens up a little so that you can see your dad. Write us. We are concerned for you. patti

Oh Lois, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and your sister. Part of your recovery has to do with positive thoughts and I can see that it is a very difficult thing to do for you right now. I continue to keep you in my prayers and will pray that God brings you and your Dad comfort, physically, emotionally and spiritually.

i am really sorry to hear that,
about both of them
and it’s nice ro see you again,so get this out
as nel says,i too don’t know what to say
and i hope your dad won’t suffer and your sister get’s better

Oh gee Lois. That is Very sad. Especially that they can’t let you out to see him. But you know that they are doing this to give your health their Best shot today. I so hope that the procedure and your recovery goes the Very Best for you. You may still see him.

Oh Lois,
I am so sorry you are going through this. I’ll continue to pray for you, your dad and sister. Keep in touch, your cyber family is always here:)

Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow…

So sorry Lois. All I can offer you are my prayers. The sun always shine tomorrow…
Please find the strength within you.

Lois,
After speaking with you last night and you mentioned that you were not sure if you were going to have surgery or not today…please update us as to the situation as soon as you can.
Well, I am thinking positive and that you will heal and get out of the hospital in time to visit your Dad. I feel that he will wait for you. :slight_smile:
Love, Robyn
XX

I am so sorry to hear about your father Lois. What an awful thing to have to be dealing with ON TOP of everything else. Be strong Lois. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Dear Sweet Lois: I know this news about your father is so hard to bear. It must be difficult not to be able to get to see your loved ones at a time like this. You are such a caring lovely person. WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU AND SO IS GOD.

He Blesses you always,
Brunetta

I know things seem overwelming right now, but God has a way of working out things for us. My father died of Leukemia back in 2006, and it almost was peaceful. No more suffering. You can be with him in thought and prayer. Prayer is a pretty powerful tool and can do wonders. You need to stay strong for yourself too. Your body needs to repair, recover. Your dad knows you would be there if you could, and understands, even if he can not tell you so. Take care my friend. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Anna

Lois:

These things are not understandable. If they were, and i knew what it was I would share it or give it away, but I don’t. I can only say that you are part of a loving and caring group, who love you. I suppose it would be nicer if we could take part of the awful pain and distress in your life, but we cannot take it. What we can do is what so many have already done in this blog strand, and that is take part of it away with us. Know you are part of us and when you hurt we all hurt. When you laugh we all laugh, and I hope that you will take some comfort in knowing this even as you face your fathers illness, Know that we all share part of it.

rick phillips

I’m so sorry Lois, your family will be in my thoughts.

My dear Lois,
Yes its me,finally back after some terrible setbacks in my sorrid little life., but do know that through faith and a strong trust in God things do turn around. I know when all of it starts piling up like what you are going through now its hard to trod through,but God doesnt want you to give up! We dont want you to give up! Like Rick said,we are fighting with you and sharing your sadness and sorrows, Power of prayer is strong…and what a mighty prayer group you have!.
I am so sorry for what you are going through,I will be praying hard for you and your family! I know its hard right now but stay strong and try to hold on to the positive thoughts,you need that for your self as well to get better. We dont know why these things happen to us and its not for us to question but for us to bear and trod through. You are strong Lois,look what you have already been through and set aside. You can do this too! We love you!

Lois My prayers are with you…For You and your family…May your father find peace and your sister her health…Did You have the surgery? Let us Know.God Bless

God will not put on us more than we can bear. I know we think we cannot handle it. That is where we have to trust the Lord. He knows what is going on. Trust in Him!